Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigMac36

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone else having issues with the size of the virtual keyboard? Seems like it would be a no brainer to update software to allow texting to adjust with the accelerometer.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Anyone else having issues with the size of the virtual keyboard? Seems like it would be a no brainer to update software to allow texting to adjust with the accelerometer.

And you know what? You're the very first person who has ever thought of this. Wow. I would love SMS to have a horizontal keyboard because not only is it easier to type on a bigger keyboard, but it's easier to hold the phone while laying down... it's really awkward to hold it while it in portrait mode.

Khryz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2007
Wow, I always thought this already exists. I thought I saw screen shots of a horizontal keyboard on the iPhone? Am I thinking of another application or something?

BigMac36

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
And you know what? You're the very first person who has ever thought of this. Wow. I would love SMS to have a horizontal keyboard because not only is it easier to type on a bigger keyboard, but it's easier to hold the phone while laying down... it's really awkward to hold it while it in portrait mode.

Is this sarcasm? :rolleyes:

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Is this sarcasm? :rolleyes:

Yes... it is. Certain apps have a horizontal keyboard.

Safari is the ONLY Apple-made iPhone app with a Horizontal keyboard
A lot of 3rd party Apps now have it, but you'll have to find those.

BigMac36

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Yes... it is. Certain apps have a horizontal keyboard.

Safari is the ONLY Apple-made iPhone app with a Horizontal keyboard
A lot of 3rd party Apps now have it, but you'll have to find those.

Or you could be nice to a newbie and just tell me which apps are best!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.