Issues with voice control headphones...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thearod, Jul 24, 2009.

1. thearod macrumors member

Has anyone had an issue with their 3GS voice control headphone going nuts?? By going nuts I mean, this morning I'm listing to music while I am working out and my music would pause/play/pause/play/skip to next song/pause/play/voicecontrol on/off/on/off pause/play... etc

So I unplug them and it stops... plug them back in and it starts again and So I restart the iphone and a few min later... Same thing again.

I'll probably get them replaced but I was just wondering if any had an idea what could be causing it before I did.. Thanks!

2. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

You don't have "shake to shuffle" on do you?

3. thearod thread starter macrumors member

negative

4. bluehoo macrumors newbie

I'm also having a problem w/ my 3GS and Voice Control. It will just randomly go into Voice Control on its own, but only when I'm using my Apple In-Ear headphones and I'm running or walking, but not when I don't move around.

Once Voice Control does come on, I can't cancel it or give it any commands via my headphones microphone.

I've put it into Airplane mode with no change.

My guess is that the combination of using headphones with iphone controls & jarring movements makes the iphone think the center button is being pressed. I may try to get my headphones replaced since they are still under warranty.

5. corbett810 macrumors newbie

Same thing is happening to me right now, it is so annoying. Anyone find a solution?

6. pixelwhip macrumors newbie

voice control randomly activating??

I have the same problem & took my iphone into get fixed, only to be told that I had voided my warranty with 'water damage' & that I'd have to pay $260 to get it fixed..

I have taken perfect care of my phone & never exposed it to water in anyway.? I have an appointment to see apple tommorow about this. any advice? I find it curious that there are multiple threads devoted to this issue which i'm experiencing, but tech support is trying to blame me for breaking my phone..

Naturally i am very angry right now!! any advice would be very much appreciated!!

7. d1stith macrumors newbie

Issues with voice control headphones...

hello, i had recently experienced frustration at my workouts because my iphone would stop playing my music in ipod mode , activate voice control for no reason, i would cancel voice control, music would start , then stop , voice control , cancel, music start, then stop, etc., then music would speed up at times also. this device was malfunctioning in this mode, never had any issues with this device. i was baffled, every other function works properly what could be the problem?, better yet the solution? i tried to find a disabling function for voice control, no luck. after some investigation, i discovered that the iphone headset controls the voice control and was malfunctioning, maybe to sensitive i don't know. my solution was during ipod mode replace the iphone headsets with a compatible headset that does not feature voice control controls or a microphone . problem solved for me, uninterrupted jams all though my workout. hope this works for you. bye

8. joe2grand macrumors newbie

same for me

exactly the same for me -

when running/jogging or at the gym the voice control comes on intermittently and songs skip/fast forwards etc!!!

so annoying !

whats happening ???????

9. eddy64 macrumors regular

I had the same problem. It's not your iPhone. It's the headphones. This occurs frequently especially if you use your headphones to work out. I think they get damaged by the sweat and cause the controls on the headphones to activate randomly. If you try replacing the headphones, the problem will be fixed. I've had to replace 3 apple headphones by now. If you use headphones with no controls, you wont have this problem, but I use the controls all the time while working out so it's a pretty big issue for me, especially since the headphones are like $45 each!
    I am 100% sure it's not a problem with the actual iPhone.