Issues with volume rocker on iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by touchme89, Sep 24, 2014.

1. touchme89 macrumors newbie

So I got my phone on Friday morning and upon opening the phone I noticed a slight "dent" above the lower volume rocker, but it wasn't very significant and figured once I put my case on there it wouldn't bother me anyway. However over the course of the weekend it's started to become more of an issue and the volume rocker keeps getting stuck and has lost all tactile feedback now. Rather annoying when you come to look at your phone and you've got a tonne of missed calls and messages because you had no idea your phone has basically muted itself on it's own haha.

I'm just wondering if this is enough reason to return it to the Apple Store, or will they try and blame it on me saying I dropped it? I've had a case on it since Day 1 and haven't drop it for the record. Also, is the only way I can return it by making a "Genius Bar" appointment? Because their next available slot is over a week away and I'd prefer not to have a knackered phone for that long considering the amount I paid for it.

Thanks for any help :D

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If the phone is not operating to your satisfaction, then definitely take it back. Its an expensive piece of equipment not to be working.

3. touchme89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do Apple require you to have an appointment to have it fixed or can I walk in? It's a matter of swapping over the phones so won't exactly take long. I don't really want to wait over a week to have it fixed.