Issues with "waking up"

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Caralvarez24, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Caralvarez24 macrumors regular

I have been having some issues recently when I open up my MBA and have it wake from being asleep. I recently set the password for when you wake from sleep or from the screen saver. I feel like I have been noticing them more though after the 10.5.4 update though. Any ideas on this.

Edit: reread my post an realized I never said what happens. Basically the screen stays black without the password window. Usually I can just close the lid wait a second and re-open it and the password window will pop up.

2. dudup macrumors regular

dudup

It happens to me once in a while, but since 10.5.2. Sometimes it won't wake up after a closing and opening the lid again, so I have to turn it off...:(

3. kalex macrumors 65816

I never had this problem. for me the battery drain during sleep was for some reason not acceptable so I installed Deep sleep widget and used it to hibernate instead of sleep. never had a problem with it, always wakes up, takes about 10 seconds.

4. darkwing macrumors 65816

I have owned a rev A 17" PB, a rev D 17" PB, and a c2d MBP that have all had this problem. I also sometimes type in my password correctly on the first time, and it immediately goes back to sleep. My issues seem to revolve around using the laptop primarily as a desktop replacement with the lid down and external monitor/keyboard hooked up to it. I only rarely have problems with it not waking up if I've been using it as a laptop for a while.

You'd think that after years of these problems Apple would do something about it, but hey.. it's Apple we're talking about. I'm finding myself becoming more and more critical of them in the last couple years. Fortunately I also get more and more critical of Windows, too.

5. maxrobertson macrumors 6502a

This happened all the time for me with my MacBook. It would also sometimes fall back asleep after entering my password. My solution was to repeatedly alternate between pressing the power button and the S button until something happened. It generally worked (sometimes it would beep the error sound whenever I pressed a key and then I would have to close the screen for awhile), it got annoying so I disabled the password.