Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

free2australian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
Hi

I have an Mac 10.7.3

I have been having issues with my wireless keyboard.

Whenever I use Lighroom adjustment brush for a prolonged period the keyboard stops working - battery 100% When I placve new batteries/ and or wait for a period of time and press the button on the side of my keyboard the keyboard starts working most of the time.

Yesterday I bought Apple's batteries cause I heard that only their batteries are foolproof.

That is the background.

I decided to check the battery a few moments ago and it was 100% - no issues with the keyboard - but on going further found that the bluetooth keyboard is not discoverable -see screen shot.

Be grateful if you could advise how I can make it discoverable - and if is not discoveable, why is the keyboard working?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Screenshot? My BT keyboard has a habit of randomly saying it's not connected. I don't think it's LR or any particular software, more a bug in OSX. I guess the only guaranteed fix is to go back to the wired KB.

free2australian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
issues with wireless keyboard

Thanks for your response - I di not attach the screen shot - could not find the option for attachment

LaWally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2012
I use BT keyboard and mouse with Lion. My keyboard has never lost connectivity. On the other hand, my mouse will occasionally lose connectivity for a few seconds before righting itself. Seems to happen most often right after I have replaced the batteries, but not always.

Just something I've learned to live with.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
I have this problem in my dining room, but not in my home office. it's repeatable...

Fank

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2009
OH USA
I have two wireless Logitech 750 keyboards, that use a dongle.

Best wireless keyboard I ever used, and have not ever had a connection problem, unlike the Apple wireless using bluetooth. Solar panels built in to the keyboard mean that I probably won't have to replace the battery for years.

Same dongle can be used to control wireless logitech mouse, and again, no connection problems.

whitby

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2007
Austin, TX
Wireless BT Keyboard

I have had this problem. My wife and I sit within 10 feet of each other and she has no problems so long as she is the first wake up the keyboard. The same for myself. If you are the second, We get intermittent disconnects. Even when reconnected I had issues, so I used preferences to forget the keyboard and form a new pairing while the other keyboard was in use. This seemed to cure the issue.

Although not relevant I went back to the wired keyboard, I like my full size cursor keys, the forward delete and the numeric keypad too much. Also, for some reason, my typing was less accurate on the BT keyboard, I think the subconscious position of the hands were skewed by the smaller size (width) of the BT keyboard, who knows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.