iStat Alternative for PowerPC

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Hack5190, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Hack5190 macrumors 6502a

Hack5190

Since reviving the G5 I've been using iStat to monitor it's health. One feature that has never worked for me is the network monitor. FYI: the network card is a USB wireless adapter.

Yesterday I found MenuMeters by Raging Menace - it's similar to iStat, free and support's PPC's! For me the best part is that the network traffic monitor works with my adapter.

You can read more and download it here http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/menumeters/index.html

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yes, there are two camps here on this forum. Those who prefer MenuMeters and those who prefer iStat Menus.

I prefer iStat Menus, but I'm glad MM works for you.

MM just doesn't allow the range of customization for me that iStat Menus does. But I did use it for years before I found iStat Menus.

3. Hack5190 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hack5190

To your point the ability to combine CPU information in iStat is nice (and requires less real estate), plus the memory usage display (in iStat) is more to my taste. If I wasn't concerned with burning CPU cycles (after all it's only a dual 1.8) I'd run both.

[​IMG]

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I like MM, just though as I said it doesn't offer me the same customization.

Incidentally, did you know you can upload your screen shots here directly?

Attach your image as a file. The button "Upload a File" is what you want. You'll be presented with the option to embed a thumbnail or full picture in the post.

Easier then linking to an image host.