Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joekix

macrumors 6502
Original poster
hi,

i have a 12" powerbook 1.5ghz, and i have istat installed, however, i noticed on the battery section that the health and cycle are not being read. only the charge. is something wrong with my computer or my battery? i just got a new battery from apple. thanks

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
hi,

i have a 12" powerbook 1.5ghz, and i have istat installed, however, i noticed on the battery section that the health and cycle are not being read. only the charge. is something wrong with my computer or my battery? i just got a new battery from apple. thanks

Have you calibrated it. Also check the battery through cocunutbattery and System Profiler under the Power tab. Hope that helps.

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
NY
I have a 12" PowerBook (1.5 GHz) with the iStat nano widget installed.

I've the same problem as you. The cycle count and health show up as "0" and "0%" respectively. But I think the main problem is that my battery is kaput. With only a charge cycle of 50 and full charge capacity of 1283 mAh (according to sys profiler), I can barely get 10 min worth of juice out of the thing.

I'm running 10.5.2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.