Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mattym62

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
Ok, so I have a 12" powerbook G4 1.5ghz. I have a pretty much brand new battery and I installed iStat and the battery info is as follows:

Health : 0
Cycles : 0
and then it tells me how much time I have remaining on this charge. Is that supposed to be like that? I am a bit bothered by this. Hopefully there isn't a problem.
-Matt

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Ok, so I have a 12" powerbook G4 1.5ghz. I have a pretty much brand new battery and I installed iStat and the battery info is as follows:

and then it tells me how much time I have remaining on this charge. Is that supposed to be like that? I am a bit bothered by this. Hopefully there isn't a problem.
-Matt

Running Leopard? I noticed that on my iBook it wouldn't properly report what the health and cycles were but the battery was completely new.

billmister

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
that's one reason why i don't download things like istat. My computer can be running perfectly fine, but once you have a app that tells you the temperature, batterly life, cycle count, etc... people tend to start worrying because it doesn't match other peoples numbers or what they think. which in return will take away time from using your new computer with no problem. What you used normally with no problem now you use with caution because the numbers shows you different and you will check it constantly.

My computer runs TOP notch, and i'm happy with that.

But i didn't mean anything regarding my post, i'm just commenting how sometimes apps like that can make people worried about something that there is nothing to be worried about. if you have a problem that prevents you from using it, just ask yourself if you got apple care. If yes then get that bad boy checked out.. if you didn't, hope it's withing 14 day return policy. If not.... ask forum on opinions.

Mattym62

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
I never even thought that the app could be incorrect. lol. I am not really worried about it. My laptop is running awesome and I have NO problems. I just wanted some opinions. Its been a while since I had a powerbook, and I am so happy that I got another one!

dcains

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2007

-Matt

Same thing with my 12' iBook G4 1.2ghz and iStat, although iStat works perfectly on my 15" MBP and wife's 13" MB. Might be an incompatibility, might be tha bettery is a generic (mine is), etc. Bottom line is it's an issue that really doesn't merit any concern.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Same thing with my 12' iBook G4 1.2ghz and iStat, although iStat works perfectly on my 15" MBP and wife's 13" MB. Might be an incompatibility, might be tha bettery is a generic (mine is), etc. Bottom line is it's an issue that really doesn't merit any concern.

No, it did it to my Apple battery as well in Leopard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.