iStat Menus 2.0

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kate2010, Mar 17, 2011.

1. kate2010 macrumors newbie

I have just installed iStat Menus (2.0) on a MacBook running v10.5.8

All the data options show in the menu bar, with the exception of the temperature Sensors, unless the System prefs pane for iStat is open, but that menu bar option disappears when the screen is closed.

I have restarted the computer, and run Disk Utility, have not changed any of the preference options, all to no avail.

Help will be appreciated.

2. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

The obvious first, did you try re-installing the application? I have iStat Pro ($16) so not sure if it works the same.

3. kate2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply. Not yet. I wanted to make sure I was not missing something basic first - but I will do it now.

4. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

It's a dam shame I'm at work. Otherwise I could pop open my MBP and look at my settings. I'm sure if you click one of the items in your bar (if it's in the bar at the top?) and a big menu pops up, scroll down and you have settings. You can do everything from that settings box.

5. kate2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

I used the Uninstall option on the iStat Menu v2,0 to remove the app, searched for and manually removed all iStat Menu data, emptied the Trash, restarted the computer.

I then downloaded and installed iSM 3.16, rebooted, and got exactly the same problem - no Sensor drop down, with or without having the iSM screen open on Sys Prefs. I disabled all options, other than Sensor, but still no drop down for that.

I then uninstalled this version as before, emptied the trash, rebooted, can find nothing related to the app, BUT all the other drop down options are still on the menu bar, though showing only static information, and I can find no way of removing them.

The http://bjango.com/ takes me to a blank screen, so no help there.

Now all I want is to remove these drop downs - if anyone can help please?

6. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Can't help you with the uninstall, but bjango.com is working fine for me right now.

7. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Sorry for late reply, I was sleeping. Could you possibly take a screenshot of what you want to remove, or the issue at hand? it will make it easier for me or someone to help.. I think no one has replied to this because they're confused with what the issue is. Thanks :)

8. kate2010, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

kate2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Please don’t apologise - I am eleven hours ahead of you, so have the advantage.
    You are not the only ones to be confused. I have never had this problem before, I have scoured my computer but can find no reference to iStat Menu files, but still the menu bar shows they are there.
    I have taken a screen shot - Picture1- so you can see what I am talking about, but what to do about them is a mystery to me, which is why I am here.

fHall1: thanks for that: I will try bjango again.

Attached Files:

9. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Okay, so click the blue stuff ( I can't see what menu's you have as the screen shot is not clear enough) but if you click it, a drop down menu should appear, then just scroll down to the bottom and you'll click the preferences. It's a dam shame I'm at work everytime you're on. I will save this to my iPhone right now (On work PC) and I will reply with a quick demo (video) to show you where you can edit the menu stuff. Depending if I'm correct in thinking what you want to do.

EDIT: I think I know what the issue is. You see the File Edit View History BookMarks Window Help menu. So many menus it has to take something from the right side so it all fits in. If you open something with less menus on the left, it should show... Can you test that?

Let me get this right, you're saying this: I've put the options on my menu for iStat. But when you change programs, or click chrome the sensors stats (for example) disappear.

10. kate2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed!

Sequence - uninstalled iStat Menus using the UNINSTALL option > iSM icon shown in sys prefs.

Emptied trash and rebooted - iSM menu bar drop down options still there.
    Tried the usual - Click on them with the Command key held down and drag them out, but they reappeared when rebooted.

Spotlight search - showed No Results Found

Worked through LIbrary folders> removed iSM files from App Support > Caches > Prefs > emptied trash> rebooted.

Menu bar items reappeared, but were then able to be removed using command and drag.

http://bjango.com/ worked but the CONTACT US option did not respond, and other links took me round in circles.

Thanks for your suggestions, and offer of help. I will stick with the iStat Pro widget instead.
    Kate