Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dockland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2021
Sweden
I've been happily using iStat menus for the last couple of years. Since updating to Sonoma (14.0) the menu item for SSD is not auto updating.
If I close the application and reopen it, it will update accordingly.
Anyone else with the same issue since Sonoma?
I do have the latest version as of 20230929

Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 15.25.14.png

Marco Klobas

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2017
Italy
Yes, same here. If I delete manually Time Machine snapshots the SSD info doesn't update in iStat Menus.

By the way: does it work Spotlight on Sonoma on your side? Here it doesn't find any file. Already started a new indexing to no avail.

PhoenixAnhart

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2023
I am having this exact issue, but on macOS Ventura. Completely uninstalling and cleaning the app and re-installing does nothing. It has all permissions access. It's very annoying having to pause and unpause for it to show me the correct space. :(

Dockland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2021
Sweden
But you are running an old version of the Daemon. You need to reinstall the Daemon (from the iStat Menus app).
This shouldn’t be necessary. What is the version of the latest daemon?
As stated here above, a clean install doesn’t help.
Have you tried it with success?
Please add a screenshot if you can (of “About iStat Menus”)

PhoenixAnhart

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2023
This shouldn’t be necessary. What is the version of the latest daemon?
As stated here above, a clean install doesn’t help.
Have you tried it with success?
Please add a screenshot if you can (of “About iStat Menus”)
Why not? The updated version has fewer bugs. But that still won’t fix his issue prolly, it didn’t fix it for mine.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
I'm running 6.72 on a Studio Sonoma. No problems with SSD R/W data updating in the menu bar.

Which Mac are you using?

PhoenixAnhart

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2023
Still nothing? Damn. And the developers do actually release updates for this app every once in a while, but this still hasn't been addressed. We need to make sure they have been made aware of this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.