Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

btraill

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Hello,

I had the MBP 15" and the sensors all showed within the application properly. I since returned that unit for the new 16" MBP. After re-installing all of my software I Realized that iStat Menus does not show any other temperature sensors other than "APPLE SSD AP1024N".

Any ideas?

Note: I have purchased and registered the software.

JokerPower

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2017
I've tried to reinstall with the newest version, still no sensors. How can I fix this? Thank you

macOS Catalina (10.15.4), MBP 16

brian163

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
I've tried to reinstall with the newest version, still no sensors. How can I fix this? Thank you

macOS Catalina (10.15.4), MBP 16

Did you download the latest installer directly from their web site? The "Reinstall" option in the application's pull down menu won't do the trick. And the company's versioning is a bit confusing. They don't always revise the version number but rather what I'd call the "build number". This appears in parenthesis after the version. I discovered you need 6.40 (1116) to get all the 16" MBP sensors to show. I had 1113 and it would only see the SSD installer.

Download the installer from their site (assuming your not using App store version as noted above) and just re-run it "over top" your existing install. When it starts back up, the additional (quite a few) should appear.

Reactions: JamestheCharming

Khetheb

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2014
Did you download the latest installer directly from their web site? The "Reinstall" option in the application's pull down menu won't do the trick. And the company's versioning is a bit confusing. They don't always revise the version number but rather what I'd call the "build number". This appears in parenthesis after the version. I discovered you need 6.40 (1116) to get all the 16" MBP sensors to show. I had 1113 and it would only see the SSD installer.

Download the installer from their site (assuming your not using App store version as noted above) and just re-run it "over top" your existing install. When it starts back up, the additional (quite a few) should appear.

Hi, I did what you advised to do, but there is still no sensor other than the SSD one in my 2020 13' MPB too. Can it be related to the T2 ship security or something ?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi, I did what you advised to do, but there is still no sensor other than the SSD one in my 2020 13' MPB too. Can it be related to the T2 ship security or something ?
Bjango hasn't released the version that supports the 2020 13". You can email them or look at their Twitter account to get a link to download a beta version. It's got nothing to do with the T2 chip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.