iStat Network Menu and new iMac help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rjames86, Oct 26, 2009.

1. rjames86 macrumors member

I use iStat menus to show my network upload and download speeds. I got my new 27" iMac yesterday and installed iStat Menus and for some reason the Up/Down speeds from the Airport do not register at all. I have iStat set to the Airport as the only option and is the priority. I've uninstalled and reinstalled iStat Menus and still no luck getting anything to work. I tested ethernet and it worked fine. Any suggestions?

2. PolishedTurd macrumors newbie

I have the same issue. I upgraded istatpro to the latest version, but it still doesn't show bandwidth, just sits there at 0. It's annoying, that was the bit I used most!

I guess they changed the airport card in the new imacs, and istatpro needs to be updated.

3. astroot macrumors regular

Same issue here.. ironically, the iStat Nano widget displayed my speed. The iStat Pro widget, and the iStat Menu app both don't show the network speed.

Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

4. ljeffs macrumors member

I thought it was just me... Received my iMac today with same problem with iStat. Hopefully they will release an update shortly.

5. Cockroach macrumors 6502

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

same problem here pretty frustrating but an update from istat should come out soon :)

7. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

Yep, as well as the issue with CPU power for the quad core.

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

hmm it seemed to be working before for me when i tested it :confused:

9. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I have the same problem with iStat menu were it was working with my older iMac but it is not working with latest model. The iStat menu widget however does work, i hope they can have an update for this soon.

Can someone recommend a replacement until this get updated?

10. ccano macrumors newbie

Same with new Minis

I have a new 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo Mini w/ Snow Leopard, and the network sensors don't seem to work either.

11. Highland macrumors regular

Hi all, Apple have changed a few things in most of the newer Mac (how dare they :p ), meaning all of the iStat apps (iStat Pro, iStat Menus, iStat Server etc) need to be updated. We know about the issue, we've bought a new iMac to test with and we're working on a fix.

We realise that a lot of people rely on iStat Menus and iStat Pro daily, so we'll try to get an update out soon. Please hang in there!