iStat Pro Dashboard CPU use

Discussion in 'macOS' started by m85476585, Sep 8, 2009.

1. m85476585 macrumors 65816

Recently, I have noticed that the DashboardClient process is constantly using 2-3% of the CPU, even if the dashboard is not showing. I suspected that it might be Snow Leopard or iStat Pro. Sure enough, when I disabled iStat Pro, the dashboard CPU use went down to almost zero. I am worried that the constant CPU use will adversely affect the battery life (every bit counts) since it keeps the CPU from staying in low power mode longer.

Does anyone know of a workaround or fix for this? I don't think older versions of iStat used this much CPU. I don't want to just disable it because it is so useful. I also don't want to use the Stop Dashboard widget since it takes a long time to load it next time.

I have a MBP 4,1, 10.6.0, and the latest version of iStat.

2. gurth4ng macrumors newbie

gurth4ng

I am having the same issue on my Macbook Air after installing Snow Leopard and the latest istat pro. Since i'm trying to keep my at as low cpu usage as possible, i find this very annoying.

Has anyone found a way to fix it?

I dont remember having the same problem a few days ago with Leopard.

Some help would be greatly appreciated :)

3. interconnect macrumors regular

interconnect

iStat Menus uses less than 1% of CPU and you don't even need to open up dashboard to use it!

4. TripleJJJ macrumors member

Guys you're right I just figured it out as well, it's crazy, it take till 3% of CPU power, hopefully next version will fix it. It's a know problem with this version, also with leopard.