iStat Pro "Dead" Please Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lugesm, Jan 1, 2008.

1. lugesm macrumors 6502a

lugesm

Came home from 2 weeks vacation last night and found that a new version of iStat Pro was available. I downloaded and installed the application, and it seemed to work properly.

This morning I turned on my iMac and the iStat widget just shows up as a small black rectangle in the dashboard. The small question mark and the small "i" are there, but clicking on them does nothing. So, I downloaded AGAIN and reinstalled. Same results. The black rectangle just sits there on dashboard and will do nothing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

NO . . . WAIT. Just launched dashboard again, and it is working. Strange ? ? ? ?

NOW I have the same problem with the "Radar in Motion" weather widget. What is going on?

2. lugesm thread starter macrumors 6502a

lugesm

Strange behavior . . . but I think I found the problem. I had downloaded and installed a widget that shows the current price of gold. After I removed ALL widgets and restarted the machine and then installed all widgets except the gold widget it worked properly.

I deleted the gold price widget from my list and re-downloaded and re-installed it. Now it seems to work properly. Guess the file got corrupted somehow. :(