iStat Pro - GPU Diode running too hot?

Sdao

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Could someone explain to me why my GPU Diode (found in iStat Pro) is running 10 degrees hotter than all of my other components? What exactly is a GPU Diode and does anyone know if this is a healthy function?

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Jun 22, 2006
Hiding from Omnius in Australia
Could someone explain to me why my GPU Diode (found in iStat Pro) is running 10 degrees hotter than all of my other components? What exactly is a GPU Diode and does anyone know if this is a healthy function?
Some temps would be nice...

I tried pushing the GPU with OpenMark, and the fans kept it below 80?C. Right now, my CPU is on ~45, and my GPU is on ~50. CPU goes to just over 80, GPU just under, before the fans bring them back down.

The GPU is the graphics processor. There is a heat sensor on the GPU, somewhere within the internal workings.

I reckon, if the components don't go far past 80?C, everything's fine.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
Some temps would be nice...

I tried pushing the GPU with OpenMark, and the fans kept it below 80?C. Right now, my CPU is on ~45, and my GPU is on ~50. CPU goes to just over 80, GPU just under, before the fans bring them back down.

The GPU is the graphics processor. There is a heat sensor on the GPU, somewhere within the internal workings.

I reckon, if the components don't go far past 80?C, everything's fine.
On my old PB 12-inch usually 65c+ and gpu 75c+ when gaming, never any problems tho.

PimpDaddy

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2007
My GPU is also consistently 10 degrees hotter than the CPU. Doesn't bother me though as my MBP works like a charm. The only time it gets too hot is when i play NFS Most Wanted @ 1600x1200 with all settings at max