iStat Pro network not showing "in" and "out"

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by andyx181x, Oct 21, 2012.

1. andyx181x macrumors regular

andyx181x

Hi there guys, updated this weekend to the latest and greatest of lion and after fixing the process section and the Ext IP number not istat is not updating in and out kb/s rate. Also the little bar graph is not showing anything either, heres a screen shot of how it looks and yes it doesn't even display anything as i download stuff.

Please advice when possible thank you.

Attached Files:

2. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

Mine works fine in ML after applying the two fixes for the processes and Ext. IP.
    I followed these instructions in this discussion: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1407448

If you did the same, I suggest deleting and re-installing the widget again and then applying these hacks/updates.

3. andyx181x thread starter macrumors regular

andyx181x

I want to double check that the external IP address I edited was done correctly. All I did was change islayer website too h..p://ip.bjango.com. I got rid of the time code as well and that's it, is there something else I should have done?

Also if I'm going to delete istat pro it should be he one in the ~library/widgets correct?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, that's all you need to change for the External IP to display correctly.
    Correct.

5. andyx181x thread starter macrumors regular

andyx181x

Also lastly just to be sure, the adjustment to the external ip addres should also fix and display the in and out kb/s transfer correct?

6. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

Correct. See attached from my machine.

Attached Files:

7. kbk75 macrumors regular

I did the processes and ip fix, processes show fine now and my external IP also displays ok, but the network IN and OUT stats are still stuck at 0 and are not displaying the download / upload bandwidth either.

Any idea how to fix this?

8. bepeacock macrumors newbie

Sorry to drag this thread back out and on my first post here, but just curious if anyone has found the solution for the network in and out issue. The processes and IP fix referenced above worked for me.

9. Toby Ziegler macrumors regular

Toby Ziegler

I'm having the same issue on a 2012 cMBP. The previously mentioned fixes got my processes and external IP working properly, but it would be nice to have the network status too...

10. akm3 macrumors 68020

Same issue. My external IP now works (and I'd previous fixed the processes not working) but my In/Out read 0.

11. andyx181x thread starter macrumors regular

andyx181x

Still have the same problem, In and Out don't work

12. ressac macrumors member

13. akm3 macrumors 68020

14. analytical44 macrumors regular