Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cc00lltt00nn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Buford, GA
After a (now) comical sequence of events the iPhone 7 Plus I was supposed to receive on launch day was pushed back to Oct 11th-17th. I sold my iP6+ before the 7 was announced, so I could fetch a higher price. In the meantime I had been stuck with a painfully slow and slightly malfunctioning iP5. Not wanting to wait another month, I remembered from past iPhone launches that there was a site that showed live stock (or lack thereof) of iPhones. BTW, I am not affiliated with the site, just trying to help out the MR community. I found a Black iPhone 7 Plus about two hours outside of Atlanta on Sunday (9/18). Give it a shot! Let me know if anyone has used this site and also gotten one in-store.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Ah, yes, I remember a similar website from ages ago.
Now, if only there was one for the Apple Watch Series II...

denisej

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2014
Illinois
After a (now) comical sequence of events the iPhone 7 Plus I was supposed to receive on launch day was pushed back to Oct 11th-17th. I sold my iP6+ before the 7 was announced, so I could fetch a higher price. In the meantime I had been stuck with a painfully slow and slightly malfunctioning iP5. Not wanting to wait another month, I remembered from past iPhone launches that there was a site that showed live stock (or lack thereof) of iPhones. BTW, I am not affiliated with the site, just trying to help out the MR community. I found a Black iPhone 7 Plus about two hours outside of Atlanta on Sunday (9/18). Give it a shot! Let me know if anyone has used this site and also gotten one in-store.
Seems to be accurate for me. I just checked Apple store near me and it is spot on!!! Thanks!!

Reactions: cc00lltt00nn

Droidbricker

Suspended
Sep 13, 2016
Your story sounds exactly the same as mine! Apple cancelled my launch day 7+ and blamed Verizon a couple of hours after I sold my 6s+. After a bunch of calls and emails Apple finally admitted it was their fault, but wouldn't help me get a phone. I checked iStockNow on Sunday morning and was able to reserve a black 256gb 7+, which was what I originally ordered. Grats on your phone!

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Your failing to tell people you preordered from Best Buy not Apple

Bsadle1

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
I love how there is one store 20 minutes away from me and 2 more an hour away, so 3 total, and none of them have any pluses. Except Cincinnati, they have 32 gb pluses for T-Mobile.

Attachments

• IMG_6753.PNG
    IMG_6753.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 192

Slowpc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2013
Winston Salem NC
I love how there is one store 20 minutes away from me and 2 more an hour away, so 3 total, and none of them have any pluses. Except Cincinnati, they have 32 gb pluses for T-Mobile.

They haven't seen any shipments anyway due to the weekend. Tuesday might see an increase.

iStockNow

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
Now we need one that will send notifications.

It's a feature we have, juste need a few Q&A before it's launched :) (emails then push with 3rd party app).
[doublepost=1474289995][/doublepost]Thanks a lot for your feedback !

The ISN service as you know it now has been built here on MacRumors.... discussing with fellow hunters, and finding the best set up to end the chase.

We try to get on ProductHunt (for the fame :) ) if anyone can help, would much appreciated.

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
It's a feature we have, juste need a few Q&A before it's launched :) (emails then push with 3rd party app).
[doublepost=1474289995][/doublepost]Thanks a lot for your feedback !

The ISN service as you know it now has been built here on MacRumors.... discussing with fellow hunters, and finding the best set up to end the chase.

We try to get on ProductHunt (for the fame :) ) if anyone can help, would much appreciated.

If you need any beta testers before its ready please let me know! :p

snazzyphresh

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
I registered specifically to say that this website is a godsend.

I decided to try my luck looking at this website and low and behold, the Apple Store right by me had a Verizon, black 256gb 7+ in stock! So I hurried and made a reservation with Apple to pick it up after work.

I definitely only planned on getting 128gb, but I couldn't pass it up. Now a few questions - I have a jet black preordered through Verizon that was due for delivery until 11/23. Should I cancel that before I go pick it up? Also, I'm assuming the trade in bonus was only if you buy it through Verizon, right? So I won't be able to take advantage of that if I buy it at the Apple Store?

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I used that site to find the 6S Plus for my girlfriend and myself last year shortly after launch date, and it always had the correct inventory. I used it again this past weekend to get myself a 7 Plus, and I keep checking it every so often to find a Rose Gold 7 Plus for my lady.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

jensgt

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
I just found one 45 minutes away but by the time I called they said they had no stock :(

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
It doesn't work in mobile very well and in my area it only shows the one Apple Store and nothing else. Of course, out of stock so useless to me.

MiamiBourne

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
I just used istocknow today to order an iPhone 7 plus 128gb on AT&T from the Soho Store in NYC...still waiting for my pickup confirmation but my order says that this is for pickup today.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Lol I knew Texas would be nearly out of stock of everything. Even in DFW, there's a huge following of Apple fans.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
I just used istocknow today to order an iPhone 7 plus 128gb on AT&T from the Soho Store in NYC...still waiting for my pickup confirmation but my order says that this is for pickup today.

Were you able to pick it up?

tipopilota

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2010
I am having issues where istocknow shows inventory of a certain model but right away I am on apples site and it shows unavailable for pickup. hoping tomorrow is better luck.

MiamiBourne

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
Were you able to pick it up?

Yes, I got a confirmation email that my order was processing and then around 12pm I got an email to that my phone was ready to pickup and to check in between 4:30pm and 5pm. I was there in time and was in and out of the Soho store in about 45minutes. A much better experience than I had 2 years ago when I ordered a phone online for store pickup and took about 3 or 4 hours to get my phone! I guess that's why there doing these check ins.

Reactions: circatee

IndigoDeath

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
I am having issues where istocknow shows inventory of a certain model but right away I am on apples site and it shows unavailable for pickup. hoping tomorrow is better luck.
I am having the same problem.... and when I call they say they will not confirm if they have it in stock or not. I am tempted to go walk in and check it out but it is an hour away...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.