iSwitched to the Dark side!

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by MacAPOL, Jul 19, 2013.

1. MacAPOL, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014

MacAPOL macrumors member

MacAPOL

Here we go. Short Story: I bought my iphone 5 back in january. It was the best phone i 've ever owned. I have an ipad 4, ipod touch 5 , iMac and Macbook. (I love apple ecosystem and products). However seeing my dad's s4 screen made me think (btw i'm 22). I was blown away by the quality and DAT COLOURS. I used it on the weekend and i decided to make the switch. Sold the iPhone last week and bought the s4 two days ago.

My conclusion is: The screen size is really nice, movies on 1080p look stunning, and the overall system looks clean and beaitufull.

Android is running really smooth and i'm very pleased with the phone. I don't use widgets but the one with the clock and weather. i still think icon grid is the best system for an os. But the best thing compared to the iphone 5 grid system is that you can leave blank spaces so the homescreen and pages look cleaner and minimalistic. Also, you have plenty of functions and the file system is really nice. its not the best experience as you get on the iphone but its almost there. I will come back to the iphone if they make the screen at least 4.8 or so. Anyway, i miss ios because i liked it a lot. But to replace the iphone i bought and ipod touch 5 XD. Now i have the best of both worlds :p

Dont be afraid of leaving the iphone 5 if you want, big screens are nice and easy to navigate (one hand - i have big hands though). Also media consumption is by far a better experience on this stupidly amazing display(IMO).

Just want to tell my experience. (Sory for my english, still learning) Thanks for reading.

Attached Files:

2. Heavy Fluid macrumors 6502

Once you get used to the phone, try out a launcher like Apex or Nova. Will completely change the homescreen experience. Going back to the iPhone after using it will be next to impossible after installing a good launcher.

Glad to see that you are enjoying the device. Good luck with it! Love my S3 so far.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I made the switch from iOS to Android a couple of weeks ago. I'm using an HTC One. So far, I like it.

4. Rangomango macrumors member

5. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Don't sell yourself short, your English is great. Hope you enjoy your phone!

6. Akack macrumors 6502a

I have a Nexus 4 that I use sometimes....defn digging the Nova launcher. For me the 4.7 screen is defn the upper limit of screen size and hope Apple comes out with a mid 4" screen size.

7. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

+1

Have fun with your new toy.

8. taedouni macrumors 65816

You'll be back. For the past two years I switched to android for a month or so and thought that I wouldn't go back to the iPhone.... Guess what phone I'm using now? Haha

9. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

I switched over (Note 2) a couple of months too, after five years of using iPhones exclusively. I can't see myself going back anytime soon. The experience was, literally: "Oh, so this is what it's like to have a smart phone!"

10. Jibbajabba macrumors 65816

With different launcher, like Nova, you can even customize the grid even further (more rows / columns, smaller icons etc.) - in drawers and dock, or remove the dock altogether, add gestures for the over all control over the phone and the list goes on.

You will quickly realize how much you have missed before the swap :p

11. waa1futs macrumors 6502

I like the one handedness of the iPhone.

Sure with android phones I can contort my hand to reach the bottom buttons... but it's not convenient like it is on the iPhone.

I'd be happy if there was a flagship android device with a 4 inch screen but most android phones at that size are simply mid-range crap.

12. Heavy Fluid macrumors 6502

If Apple would let go of the lockdown that they have on the OS, the iPhone would be a totally different device if it had the ability out of the box to do with Android devices can. The jailbreak is not the same, by any means.

13. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Hell I'd be happy enough being able to jailbreak the device as soon as it's released but even that isn't possible.

14. Fireblade macrumors 65816

Fireblade

Well said.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

How is the battery life on the One. I like the form factor better than the GS4 but am worried about the battery life.