iSync 2.4: does not find V3i

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cube, Apr 11, 2007.

1. cube macrumors G5

I bought the Motorola RAZR V3i because it was listed in the phones supported by iSync. I updated OSX to 10.4.9, so I have the latest version. I had no problems with my old Ericsson phone.

I set the Bluetooth of the V3i to discoverable, and when I scan for devices in iSync, nothing is found.

Thanks

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Open up system preference and go to the bluetooth tab. Tehn devices and "set up new device..." Set it up and then iSync should find it. (Think it is automatically added to isync as part of the setup routine.)

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

regarding isync, i don't think you can sync the v3i via bluetooth. i use bluetooth for data transfer (music, pictures), but i use the usb cable to sync contacts and calendars.

4. cube thread starter macrumors G5

OK. That setup is what was needed.

BTW, by USB it was already working.

Thanks

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I believe that when you scan for new devices in iSync it just scans the system for devices that are setup which it knows it can sync with. Rather than scanning the area for physical devices. At least that what experience suggests, this is another example.

Glad it is working.

6. cube thread starter macrumors G5

No, iSync scans Bluetooth for devices that are already paired, as well as scanning USB for anything.

7. whiteangel777 macrumors member

whiteangel777

where do you download isync 2.4? with the 10.4.9 system-update isync 2.2 is included.

or is it wrong?

8. robbinewman macrumors newbie

V3i and iSync

Has this issue been resolved?.....I am still trying to get my sync running on either USB or Bluetooth!!!!!!

I can bluetooth to the V3 data etc by Bluetooth file transfer but it will NOT sync address at all(will NOT connect)....iSync sees the phone but thats all

So for the dummies.....thats me....how come I cant USB sync either? Please set out the steps someone....thanks

I wont my address book on the phone SOMEHOW
    (at least until I can get an iPhone,,,,which in Oz may be a while)

9. whiteangel777 macrumors member

whiteangel777

hello,

i sloved the problem with copying the hole isync app. then it works. there where a little problem which brokeup the start process. but your problem sounds like a problem with the isync plugin. did u installed it?

i don`t know where i found it. but it was for free. so, just google yourself the plugin. ;) i allready have a new phone.

enjoy.

philipp