iSync and Samsung SGH-a737

Discussion in 'macOS' started by superninjagoat, Nov 20, 2007.

1. superninjagoat macrumors 6502

superninjagoat

This is a new phone, released Oct. 30. Like most (all?) Samsungs, it doesn't play nice with iSync. Any ideas on how to get it to sync? A plist hack? Third-party solutions (like OnSync from Onmadesoft, which doesn't seem to support the phone yet)?

As far as I can tell, the phone doesn't support syncML, which kinda' screws things up a bit.

I know that I can bluetooth over vcals, and that's fine for a one-time stocking of the address book, but I'm interested in no-hassle syncing -- especially of calendar functions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Mac OSX 10.4.11

2. superninjagoat thread starter macrumors 6502

superninjagoat

3. hooly macrumors regular

hooly

4. hiptobesquare macrumors regular

hiptobesquare

You and me both.

I just got this phone... Great, bluetooth. Bluetooth connects...

No iSync. I can browse the memory folders via Bluetooth File Transfer utility, and push files to it, and see those files once they are there.

But I can't seem to get any files from the internal memory, like the OEM ringtones, wallpapers, or pictures taken with the phone's camera. I can only see the files that I have put there via the bluetooth connection. The files I push from the computer to the phone are available on the phone, right along with the phone-sourced files.

I also have yet to find any sort of utility that can import a standard group vCard into the phone's address book, even without iSync.

I also added a music file, exported from itunes to the hard drive, then transferred to the phone. The file bears the album art as an icon (mac OS 10.5), but the phone doesn't recognize the album art... (it is set to display it in the music player, it shows a blank icon)

This model is just weeks old, so I am hoping future support will be forthcoming, at least from third party sources, if not Apple.

5. ricksbrain macrumors regular

Found this post elsewhere:

"Oh thanks to you I figured out how to transfer contacts! I went to address book, selected all my contacts and right clicked and hit export vcards. Then I sent the resulting file to my phone and it read all the contacts! Too bad there is no way to sync between computer and phone, but this is an improvement."

Not sure if it helps...

6. acetech09 macrumors newbie

I know it's an old thread, but I still have to ask.

Bizarre, I just followed the instructions from exporting from addressbook, and the file showed up on my phone like it said, though when I try to hit the 'options' button the phone restarts...

Any Ideas?

7. Scrooge McDuck macrumors newbie

I have a solution for transferring contacts to a computer!

It's not automatic but it only takes a couple of minutes. Go to a contact in your addressbook on the phone. then click options then scroll down to save to my stuff or just hit the 9 key. Do that for all of the contacts you want to transfer. Then go to menu then my stuff then move the cursor to highlight other files then click options then bluetooth visibility then enable.

Now connect the computer to the phone via bluetooth browse device. Go to other files, highlight the contacts then click get.

Simple as that.