iSync Doesn't See Anything on iPhone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Siron, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

Being new to a Mac - I was exploring yesterday and came across iSync. I thought what a great program so I synced my iPhone but guess what - it said it couldn't find anything on the phone that it could use. Come on Apple - what about Address Book, Calender, Bookmarks!!!
    Also I couldn't see any way to include my MBA or MP - only Bluetooth items - like Mouse and Keyboard. Who the heck wants to sync their keyboard for crying out loud???
    Am I missing something here?
    Alan

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Yes, you are. The iPhone doesn't sync using iSync. It syncs using iTunes—your calendars, address book, bookmarks and mail are all controlled in the sync settings in iTunes.

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

isync is based on synchronizing standards that can be used with a wider range of devices - i've used it with palm pda's and other cell phones (nokias and some motorolas are compatible, for example). in order to ensure that the iphone is only synced through itunes, it's not compatible with the other sync standards, as used by isync. i have to imagine that apple does not want the iphone to be synced any other way other than through itunes, so isync (and probably any other sync software you can find) won't be able to do anything with the iphone...

4. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Um...

Hey, great find! iSync! Wow, cool! OMG, it doesn't work with an iPhone?!?!?!?!