iSync for macbook and iMac without .mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jojoman, May 25, 2008.

1. jojoman macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a macbook and an iMac, and I'd like to sync them together (iCal, addressbook, bookmarks etc). I don't want to buy the .mac membership (I used the trial version, find it not worth the money, but syncing was kind of neat).

Is there anyway to sync my two macbook and my imac together without .mac? I have a firewire, and bluetooth is readily available.

Thank you.

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

3. cmaier macrumors G3

I use plaxo to sync addressbook and calendar across multiple machines (mac and windows).

Doesn't do bookmarks, though.

4. perryworth macrumors newbie

dedicated server?

What do you mean, 'provided you have a machine you can dedicate as a server'?

I use my iMac as the non-mobile station for dsl modem and wireless router. I'd like to have my MacBook sync address book and ical.

Do you use those free/share ware options to create one as the 'server' such as my iMac?

Also, I like to use the Mail software. Am I just in the dark ages by not using webmail? I could use gmail, because my provider's web mail app is really slow and unreliable.

5. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

gmail through mail and gcal through ical can sync everywhere. Address book is a bigger challenge, though.