iSync/iCal Bug: Looking for work-around

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by IJ Reilly, May 12, 2007.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I use iSync to synchronize my Palm E2 with iCal. I recently added a calendar in iCal that I don't want on my Palm. When I launch iSync, I'm an offered an option to synchronize all iCal calendars or selected calendars. Unfortunately the list of calendars doesn't scroll, so I can't deselect any (except for the first three, which show in the stuck scroll box). Has anybody figured out a work-around for this bug?

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Weird it scrolls fine for me :confused:, I guess you could backup your calendar in iCal and then delete some of your calenders in iCal, untick them in iSync and reimport.

Attached Files:

3. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

That is bizarre. Mine lacks the scroll bar. What version of iSync are you using?

Upon further investigation, I did find a work-around: iSync lists the calendars in the order they are listed in iCal. Dragging the needed calendar to the top in iCal gives me access to it in iSync. Dumb, but workable at least.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Weird...I have a scroll bar, iSync 2.4 (501.2) from updated 10.4.9....

5. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Even stranger yet: The window for syncing my mobile phone does have scroll a bar for the calendars list, but the one for my Palm does not!

I'm using 2.3 in 10.4.8. I suppose the obvious advice is to upgrade and see what happens, but I'm pretty sure this is how it's worked over several updates.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I should clarify that this is my mobile phone and not my PDA. I've never had a PDA that sync'ed with iSync (I had an Axim that sync'ed with SyncServices, but it used MissingSync).

7. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Here's how it looks to me. I wonder, could this be a problem with the Palm conduit? I'd be very interested to know if anyone else using a Palm device sees this.

Attached Files:

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sorry for the slow reply, I am using iSync 2.4, and doing Mobile phone syncing.

9. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

FWIW, I just installed the 10.4.9 update and now have iSync 2.4. The bug remains.