Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I connect my iPod to my mac via USB, and open up iSync. I try adding my iPod as a new device, but iSync says "No device found", although the iPod has been detected. Last week I connected my phone via bluetooth and synced-could this be the cause of the problem? Could it be that iSync tries to search for new devices via bluetooth?:confused:
Picture 1.png

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
What version of the OS are you on? My iPod syncs through iTunes and has since early on in Tiger. Maybe look at the iPod preferences in iTunes and see if you can sync that way. :)

G99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I'm using 10.4.6. I guess I could sync through iTunes, but I thought iSync was a lot more powerful in this area?

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
G99 said:
I'm using 10.4.6. I guess I could sync through iTunes, but I thought iSync was a lot more powerful in this area?

I think the only way to sync on tiger is through iTunes. What is it you want to do with it that iTunes doesn't when syncing?

adam-uk

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2005
England, UK
Hey, whilst were on the topic of iSync...anyone know how i can make it work with my new Sonyericsson W810i?

Ide like to sync Contacts, iCal and such

Cheers

G99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
flyfish29 said:
I think the only way to sync on tiger is through iTunes. What is it you want to do with it that iTunes doesn't when syncing?
Is this with the iPod, or with all devices?
adam-uk said:
Hey, whilst were on the topic of iSync...anyone know how i can make it work with my new Sonyericsson W810i?

Ide like to sync Contacts, iCal and such

Cheers
Make sure the phone is "visible" on bluetooth, have it near your mac, open up iSync, and click "add new device".

adam-uk

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2005
England, UK
Says my W810i isnt supported...so im a bit stumped. Going to have to look for plug-ins or something to update it. Hurrmmmm...

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
Oh yeah, I forgot about syncing an iPod with iCal, etc. I only have a measly old shuffle so I only use iTunes. So I have no clue why- sorry

djdarlek

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2003
Yeah, looks like us UK peeps are still getting mobiles well before our US counterparts. The w810i is a gorgeous phone after manhandling a Razr for the best past of 16 months.. What a waste of space that was, but this new Sony works well with mac bluetooth, excluding iSync. However, i'm sure they will update it, and until then we can just use this handy plugin!

http://mobile.feisar.com/ccount/click.php?id=39

Cheers!

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Since Tiger, syncing contacts and such with your iPod is now handled by iTunes, not isync. Other devices, like phones and PDA's are handled in isync.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
flyfish29 said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about syncing an iPod with iCal, etc. I only have a measly old shuffle so I only use iTunes. So I have no clue why- sorry

Even iCal and contacts are synced via iTunes, so iSync is basically reserved for phones and PDAs these days. Just go into iTunes preferences under the iPod tab, and you can choose which contact lists and calendars to sync. It looks like this:

Edit: sorry swiftaw, I should have seen your post. I'm not sure how I missed it. Well, I guess I added a picture, at least ;)

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
djdarlek said:
Yeah, looks like us UK peeps are still getting mobiles well before our US counterparts. The w810i is a gorgeous phone after manhandling a Razr for the best past of 16 months.. What a waste of space that was, but this new Sony works well with mac bluetooth, excluding iSync. However, i'm sure they will update it, and until then we can just use this handy plugin!

http://mobile.feisar.com/ccount/click.php?id=39

Cheers!
Hate to revive this thread, but how the heck do I install this plugin?

EDIT: never mind, new thread started.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.