isync with nokia 3120 and Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mbopy22, Sep 18, 2009.

1. mbopy22 macrumors 6502

mbopy22

Hi
    I recently bought a Nokia 3120 classic, I was able to fin a plug in that will replace one of iSync´s metadata.plist list of one of the Nokias, and then it will sync and everything will work fine in Leopard 10.5

Now that I´ve updated to Snow Leopard it just won´t, even if I do the previous proceeding.

Any help?

My macbook paires with the phone, and the phone with the MB, but neither iSync or File sharing via Bluetooth work :confused:

2. mbopy22 thread starter macrumors 6502

mbopy22

3. darkbluedragon macrumors newbie

I have the same problem and i don't find any solution

4. schtoffer macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem. Anyone tech savvy, please look into this.

5. Seedouble macrumors newbie

Seedouble

I am in the same situation. It's maddening. I might have to get my 3110's screen repaired and just use that, but i second all requests for someone to look into it.... PLEASE!

6. LERsince1991 macrumors 65816

Same situation here too... I bought my Nokia e71 after I upgraded my macbook and the isync plug-in just wont install as the OS or isync aren't the right version. I've emailed Nokia but I guess that wont make any difference!
    It's important to me to sync my calendar and contacts :(

Need an updated plug-in for snow leopard or a modified version of the existing plug-ins or some other hack.

7. LERsince1991 macrumors 65816

I've actually just got mine to work!
    Nokia e71 on snow leopard with iSync.
    I downloaded the Nokia plug-in from their website and it wouldn't install because I had the wrong version of iSync (too new)

So the solution was I copied the install package from the .dmg file to desktop (so I could edit) then opened the info.plist and at the bottom deleted the requirements key then saved and it installed perfectly without checking the system requirement basically and now I've just setup iSync via bluetooth and its sync'ed my calendar and contacts perfectly :D

Hope this is helpful for others too!