iSync with Nokia 8600 Luna

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pclifto, Oct 3, 2007.

1. pclifto macrumors newbie

Hi all

My work recently gave me the cool-looking Nokia 8600 Luna, which I then discovered is not supported by iSync.

Does anyone know if an iSync update is on the cards soon, and whether my phone will be supported?

OR

Does anyone know of a plugin that supports Bluetooth and USB connections to my Mac (preferably a free download)?

I have a Core2Duo Macbook if that helps.

Thanks in advance
    pclifto

2. anapopescu macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm really pissed off right now. I have the Luna, also, and tried to conceive a plug-in, but in vain.
    I've searched the whole damn internet and didn't find anything worth while for free, so I bought the iSync plug-ins from nova media (www.novamedia.de). The damn thing won't sync correctly! I've sent 2 e-mails to the support team today and, until now, no answer.

You could try them, maybe mine is an isollated case, maybe my new iMac has issues, but neither my 8600 nor my 6500 classic won't work. At least I could manage to add the Luna in iSync, but syncing my 6500 classic ends with the error message: this phone is not supported by iSync.

Although the latest nova media plug-ins is compatible with the 8600 and the 6500, and both in Tiger & Leopard.
    Good luck in solving the problem!

3. jaa27 macrumors newbie

nokia 8600 luna synced with isync

Hi I used the link from novamedia after having read the mail and it works really well and was easy to install and use. Sync was done via bluethooth

(I have macbook pro intel core 2 due with os x tiger)

Best regards and best of luck