iSynch with RIZR (Motorola Z3)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by penter, May 19, 2007.

1. penter macrumors 6502a

penter

Hello, i have recently awcuired a Motorola RIZR, and would like to synch my contacts in the computer.
    The thing is that my computer will not recognize the phone once it is plugged in. I am running on Mac OS X 10.3.9.
    I have searched and read about a plugin that you have to drop into Library/PhonePlugins, but that destination does not seem to be present in my computer.....
    any help would be appreciated. :)

2. iLoveMyMBP macrumors regular

iLoveMyMBP

3. cube macrumors G5

You make the directory PhonePlugins and put the stuff there.

4. penter thread starter macrumors 6502a

penter

:(
    no use.......

what is the name of the app that let me acces the files in a mobile phone through an usb connection??
    i used to have it, but i got rid of it once i switched to a phone with bluetooth connectivity.

5. cube macrumors G5

I didn't want to use the ready made Z3 customization directly which came from some random forum, so I customized myself the generic plugin at:
    http://en.iSync-Hilfe.de.

It works.

6. ajohns366 macrumors newbie

iSync with RIZR

Okay, I just dealt with this yesterday. Take the program that they said to drop into that library address and just download it to your desktop. Then go into Finder, Applications, then ctrl click on iSync. Select "Show Package contents." Open up the contents folder, then the Plugins folder, then the ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice folder, then Contents, and again Plugins. I dropped the download (which for me showed as MOTZ3.phoneplugin.zip) in here, then restarted iSync. My phone now works with the program.

I got the program from: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/p_forum.php?fm=m&ff=1008&fi=891417

I had trouble downloading it to my computer on my Apple, so I downloaded it on a PC and then e-mailed it to myself, getting the file onto my Mac that way.

Best of luck!

7. cube macrumors G5

Now you can put in a cheap 2GB microSD card, and sync with iTunes with SyncTunes (USB). It can play AAC but not videos, at least not with any of the two players provided.

It just doesn't keep proper track of play counts, of course.

8. Demo318 macrumors newbie

Demo318

Works!

Thx guys, I too have a Z3 that I couldn't get to work. Thanks for the plugins. Everything works just fine, except it seems that you can only use one calendar. Only "Home" syncs while my "Work" and "Academics" calendars show errors.

l8er