It definitely is software... my experience yesterday.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acfusion29, Jul 2, 2010.

1. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

so yesterday at work, my iPhone 3GS (Running 4.0) appeared to have "dropped" signals COMPLETELY. i wasn't holding it or anything. it would be in my pocket, i would check the time and there were 0 bars.

i would have 0 bars for about a minute, so i fired up safari to see what the deal was. i could still load a webpage and it was fast as usual. okay cool, but can it make a phone call? so i call my dad with "0" bars, no reception issues and sound quality was clear as a whistle. i was quite confused... but my phone was working.

i was gonna upload this yesterday but i forgot. the newest statement by Apple reminded me

here's a screen shot i took... it was loading the page, with 0 bars. and it loaded it pretty quickly.

[​IMG]

2. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

lol, BUT apple is stating the oppisate of what your saying. they are saying that the iphone shows you 4 bars but you really have 2 bars... and your saying the oppisate of that... "i have 0 bar but its really -2 bars"

haha:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

3. richard371 macrumors 68000

According to apple you should have negative 2 bars or so lol. I think its the 4 and 5 bar range they will adjust the most. The 1 bar may be accurate but usually when I have 1 bar I do not get data.

4. acfusion29 thread starter macrumors 68040

acfusion29

ya but those are by "at&t calculations"

i'm on rogers ;) so it must be different, right?

5. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

When my bars go all the way down when I touch the no no spot, I lose data completely.

6. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Same here. Though I hope it's a software issue, I really like this phone and don't want to give it up.

7. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Same here. I like this phone and will keep it because I have a case on it now, but it would be nice for it to be fixed completely. I really hope they adjust the proximity sensor while they are at it.

8. flashgj macrumors newbie

No, that's not what Apple is saying. They are saying the bars are not displaying correctly. From my experience, yes, the phone at some levels are showing more bars that what it should actually be showing, but on the low end I think it sometimes shows less bars than what it should actually show.

None of us will really know for sure until the update comes out. But I do know that sometimes I can make and receive good, clear calls even when I have zero or 1 bar.

9. bobright macrumors 601

Apple was right..... LMAO

Did the case fix it?

10. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

+1

Apple just doesn't get it or want to get it. It doesn't matter if it's showing the correct amount of bars, in fact, to be honest, it's showing the perfect amount of bars, case and point:

When I don't put my finger on the spot of death, I have full 5 bars and 2mbps download speed. When I do put my finger on the spot of death, I have 0 bars and 0 mbps download speed. ZOMG the numbers match, imagine that :rolleyes: