Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slackersonly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
My new (refurb) iMac 20" is on its way (first mac by the way)
It will arrive on Thursday.

Here is the kicker.
The little lady and kids will be out of town Thusday and Friday nights.

Being able to eat like a single guy (ie. burritos for breakfast or quadruple decker sandwiches for dinner, etc) is eclipsed by my 2 night of of 3am geeking with my first mac.

Crossing my fingers for one of the mythical refurb free upgrades.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
slackersonly said:

Here is the kicker.

Being able to eat like a single guy (ie. burritos for breakfast or quadruple decker sandwiches for dinner, etc) is eclipsed by my 2 night of of 3am geeking with my first mac.

LOL

You created a really good visual there.

*envisions empty burrito wrappers, Apple packaging....*

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
iGary said:
*envisions empty burrito wrappers, Apple packaging....*

He just needs to make sure not to get any of the burrito refuse on any of the packaging or keyboard or anything. There is punishment for those who make their Macs filthy (even the packaging) - especially on the first day of ownership.

ejbenjamin

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2005
slackersonly said:

I didn't know this happened with any regularity. When I bought my refurb PowerMac G5, it showed up with 512MB instead of the advertised 256MB. I thought it must have been a freaky one-time error.

Good luck!

Dillenger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2006
Central, Illinois
slackersonly said:

Here is the kicker.

Ah, Heaven!!!

timmac

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2006
Hattiesburg, MS
I know exactly how you feel. The day my current (and first) iMac arrived, my wife and daughter went out of town for five days. And to top it off, the day it arrived, we had a power outage that lasted all afternoon at work, so I got to go home early and start geekin'!

Cloudgazer

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2005
RSA
slackersonly said:

You are not allowed to touch that machine without washing your hands first - we will be watching you. :cool:

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
slackersonly said:
i loved my free upgrades in my mac lol

1gb rather the 512mb
9600 rather then 5200

and a mighty mouse as well as a optical mouse

backupdrummer

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Chi town
When i got my iMac a year ago it arrived the same day we were having friends over for dinner and drinks.

It was the longest dinner of my life the whole time my wife kept giving me the evil eye while I dreamed of getting my toy out and playing.

tektonnic

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Bucks, UK
Not wanting to out do you all, my long term girlfriend broke up with me the day my PowerMac G5 arrived (not because of it!) and then when we eventially got back together she arranged to go see her folks the weekend my ibook arrived because she didn't want to 'put up' with me and my toy.

I've been banned from taking my ibook on holiday any where this year...

slackersonly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
I will definitely keep that food away from the new iMac!
I dont think my first call to Apple should be "Uhh, do you offer replacements for taco sauce stains?"

Does anyone else want to go postal on FedEx for their sorry tracking updates?

As for the mythical free upgrades, I wonder if employee friends and family purchases get preferential treatment. I sure hope so.

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
I spend so much time down here in the basement, I might as well put in a kitchenette and a "dads" bathroom.

Problem is that I spent all the extra remodeling money on gear.

One day.......................:rolleyes:

alywa

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
backupdrummer said:
When i got my iMac a year ago it arrived the same day we were having friends over for dinner and drinks.

It was the longest dinner of my life the whole time my wife kept giving me the evil eye while I dreamed of getting my toy out and playing.

Ha Ha! I know the feeling. My iMac G5 (Rev B, 20" 2GB RAM) was delivered to my in-laws since we were moving. It just killed me knowing it was sitting unopened in their house for a week. When we did move down that next weekend, I had to get up at 5:00 am to go set it up at the new house, because I knew my wife would be pi$$ed if I was geeking out while she was trying to get other "new house" things done.

Good times!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.