It doesn't look that pink to me...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lordofthereef, Sep 25, 2015.

?

Do we still think this phone is pink?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    78.1%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

We, moments ago, opened my wife's iPhone 6s in rose gold and we were both disappointed (for different reasons).

It looks a lot more copper to us both indoors and outdoors (I went out on the balcony to take a peak).

Wife is bummed because she was amped for a pink phone after I showed her pics. I was disappointed because I actually like the color a lot LOT more in person and am sort of kind of maybe wishing I had ordered the same! If it had s black front I might be in tears.

So, for those who have the phone now, what do we think. Still pink? A lot less link than you expected? Not pink at all?

2. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

The color is subjective but it is a "ROSE gold". Pink

Different lighting will have an effect on the color as well as not everyone sees the same color spectrum.

So, either enjoy your purchase or swap it if you don't like it.

3. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Looks pink to me, maybe more peachy pink than rose pink. I saw it in the Apple Store this morning. I have been interested in it because I like pink phones (still have fond memories of my gorgeous pale pink Motorola Razr. I'm interested to see what it looks like in natural, not fluorescent, light as I am still undecided if I want it or not. Peachy pink is not my favorite shade of pink and I am wondering if I would quickly tire of it! My daughter's rose gold iPhone 6s is coming via FEDEX today so I will check it out and see how I feel after 24 hours of looking at it.

4. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

While I don't disagree with anything you've said, even when I take a pic of this thing it doesn't look pink. Versus virtually every pic I've seen up until this point does make t look pink.

Swapping with the hell I went through ordering these on T-Mobile is not an option lol.

5. jiholl macrumors member

I got space grey 6s today in Apple Store...In my opinion the Rose Gold is beautiful...it really does not "scream" pink....it def has a subtle cooperiness to it...of course it could be the heavy lighting in the store...but def not pink pink.

6. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Wife had one of those too back when we were in high school and dating! That was really pink. This phone, much less so

7. lugworm macrumors 6502

lugworm

Looked at the 6s and the 6s+ in store today in "rose gold. Sorry guys....like it or not, it's pink.

8. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

This reminds me of the dress pic on FB.

That damn phone is pink!

9. anthonybkny macrumors regular

anthonybkny

10. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Looked at the Apple Store yesterday and my first impression is that it's very pink.

I ordered the space grey and the rose gold. Have opened the space grey so far. Will have a better look today .

Though the winner for me is the black front of the space grey.