It doesnt say that it can't connect, but...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kain125, Jul 11, 2008.

1. kain125 macrumors member

Ok , i do the update, and it says 1.1.4 is current. W.e. But then i go to Apple's site, and hit the Buy Now button, and i go into itunes and it just says accessing store, but no window of depresssion stating its down temporarily. Any1 else getting this?

2. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

Everyone.
    Welcome to the club, we have cookies.

3. shoney macrumors newbie

shoney

Getting really pi^%$d off with Apple, quick to take money for apps then can't get the software to run them..... Steve Jobs get a new outfit.... ditch the washed up black polo and crap grandad jeans,,,, clown costume more suitable

4. neodude237 macrumors member

I thought it might just be me... i'm getting it too

5. intempo808 macrumors regular

Yup, exactly what I'm getting in the UK. However, I now get a "Your network has timed out" error message instead, however, I think thats just because it has no page to access or something... But, its definitely a step in the right direction!

My iPod touch still says 1.1.4 is still the current version on iTunes... Lets hope that soon changes...

Woop! :rolleyes:

6. kain125 thread starter macrumors member

@ Artofilm

Yes i know that. Ive been trying since about 6:30, but all of a sudden now it just says Accesesing Store at the top, then when its done, nothing happens.
    Im just wondering if this is a sign of hope or a sign of worse 2 come.

7. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

Did mean to be a smart@$$ or anything.
    I do too hope it's going to be good coming out of this.

I have a feeling that apple has disable iPod touch connections to their servers so that the iPhone buyers can access and activate their phones.

8. kain125 thread starter macrumors member

I hope that we can get the update at least at somepoint 2day. I know, i speak for everyone but i hope the rumors i heard about the update not being able to come onto the ipod touches until 2morrow night isnt true.

9. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

It no longer says the servers are down, so I think all Apple needs to do is publish the 2.0 update and we'll be able to DL it. I'm thinking hour and a half wait.

10. intempo808 macrumors regular

Oooh, new development. My iPod touch shows up in iTunes, and iTunes says 2.0 is a new update. I hit update button, takes me to the itunes store, loads, then goes back to the iPod summary page...

Is this good or bad?

Will iTunes revert back in a minute to "1.1.4 is the latest version"?

:confused:

11. kain125 thread starter macrumors member

I dont know about you, i just tried and its still at 1.1.4, but i could wait an hour and a half. I just dont wanna wake up again at 6 so i can get this thing.

12. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Very good. That means that the firmware download page will probably be up within an hour. I doubt it's going to revert back to 1.1.4 latest version, I think 2.0 is here to stay this time.

13. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

14. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

It's now jumping between the 2.0 update and the 1.4 screen. The update only access the iTunes store and then exits, though.

They jump back and forth between minutes of each other.
    Maybe getting close....?

15. kain125 thread starter macrumors member

I hope, Super Monkey Ball is calling my name.

16. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

Same...
    I've already gone through all the Applications on the iTunes store and downloaded the ones I want. Including buying Super Monkey Ball.

I wanna play!!

17. kain125 thread starter macrumors member

ok 2 questions kinda off topic

1) Has Jobs made any official announcements about all this? If so link please.

2) Has anyone got 2.0 from that XML file and played Moto Racer? If you have, please tell me how it is and if its worth it.

Also, continue discussion about the topic at hand. And breakthroughs would be nice.

18. intempo808 macrumors regular

Grrrr, now it's back 1.1.4 again... But still, its been a development. No more errors now! Woot!

Lol, I actually think the highlight of 2.0 is Super Monkey Ball... And Apple didn't even make it lol... Haha

I can't wait to have a go!

Maybe in a few years or so, we'll all look back on this catastrophe and laugh... Maybe... :rolleyes:

19. ipodtouchcanada macrumors newbie

mines still 1.1.4 its been like that for 3 hours

20. kain125 thread starter macrumors member

Ok i can get the update, but instead again of temporary store thing come up, it just goes back the the screen where u can click update.

21. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Looks like a spoke too soon, back to 1.1.4, when the hell will all this waiting finally end?

22. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

23. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I got a couple of "-4 errors" which I think translates into, "I'm next to update.":D
    Oh wait, now I have the current version 1.1.4.

24. kain125 thread starter macrumors member

When i hit update, hit learn more, it waits and kicks me back to the update screen thingy. I think its a bit better knowing this is happening, because for the past few hours there was no sign of 2.0, and no box thing. I would like it to go al the way thorugh or something. I wish apple says something official about all this, but of course, ipod touch is like the ginger orphan to the iphone, we get jack Sh**.

25. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

I think that explains it all!:(