It has arrived!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ahuckaby, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Ahuckaby macrumors newbie

Just opened up my refurbed Blackbook. initial thought- amazing! i dont think i could tell the difference from a new one. this is my first mac and have been oggling them for a while now. i cant see me ever going back to PC. im gonna upgrade my ram as soon as all my updates are done. anything else i can do to it to optomize my mac experince. thanks for any input guys

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Take a look at the Macrumors Guides, and I recommend XSlimmer to give yourself quite a bit of Hard disk space :)

3. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

4. crazyskillz07 macrumors member

SWEET! Im ordering my refurb macbook in about 20 minutes! How long did it take ship?

5. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

I heartily endorse Apple refurb products to all my users and anyone else who is interested in buying a Mac. I have purchased numerous refurbs over the years, and other than not having the retail packaging, they have all been as new as I could imagine from a cosmetic as well as a functional standpoint.

If you're really living right, you can end up with a "courtesy upgrade," which is a standard spec model that might typically have 1G of RAM, which the prior owner had put an extra gig of RAM in. They pass a lot of this stuff along, and if you get it, well, it's a "courtesy upgrade".....

MacDann

6. Ahuckaby thread starter macrumors newbie

i love it!! just maxed out my ram cause i got 4g for under 100 dollars. i had free shipping but paid an extra 27$ for overnight.(too excited to wait) so i ordered it around midnight on the 18th and got it at 1245pm today.

7. zelet macrumors regular

I got a courtesy upgrade of 2GB of RAM. 'Course I pulled it out and put in 4GB... but hey, thanks anyway Apple!

Anybody want to buy 2GB of Macbook RAM?