It is a big event...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Muro, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Muro macrumors 6502

The live streaming will be held in the London store which is only accesable for media and reporters. Despite the small venue on the campus it still is huge possibly to make Tim Cook to feel at ease. But why London?

2. shandyman, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011

shandyman Suspended

why not?

3. cward0715 macrumors regular

What are you talking about? The event in London is just for British reporters. The actual event is in Cupertino, CA

4. LivingLarge macrumors member

They probably will stream it at other stores too, at least that's my guess. Why they would stream the event to a London store? for the media, reporters etc.. all the publicity to spread the word on whats to come is what Apple wants.

5. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

London = 'Biggest' city in Europe. It's no doubt the place to hold it for European media.

6. Rasta4i macrumors member

Rasta4i

Apparently the Covent Gardens store is their largest...

7. qtaran111 macrumors member

Biggest Apple Store and biggest iPhone market outside US.

8. Merkie macrumors 68020

I doubt the location of the event has anything to do about "making the CEO feeling at ease". He's the CEO of almost the biggest company in the world, he should be able to hold events in stadiums :rolleyes: . It's not kindergarten.

9. wegotapp macrumors newbie

Good Point. Tim Cook's done public speaking before, he took to stage on the Verizon stage when revealing the Verizon iPhone 4 and took questions from the press back in January this year..

Sure its a bit different this time but the new iPhone 5 should speak for itself... :eek:

10. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

This is also the first time they have a livestreaming at an Apple store. To my knowledge(which is not that thrustworthy btw;)) it's for all foreign press. Do you think the new Phone(s) will also be present in London for the attendants to use and play with. I think they used a small venue in Cali just so that only a select few can get it in their hands until releaseday maybe they are cautious something can happen within those two weeks. Just thinking

11. shandyman Suspended

no, it's a press event in london, not a tech event, so highly doubtful. Also not the first time an apple store has had live streaming of an event, i know regent street did a coupla years back.