It is a Doom's Day For People Like Me !

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vish26, Oct 23, 2012.

1. vish26 macrumors regular

People...People...

It is a Doom's day as far as people like me who have just bought The New iPad a couple of days back are concerned. Infact I bought it 3 days back. I feel a tight slap in my face. I still don't believe it a Fourth Generation iPad ?? I wonder how even Tim Cook is going to face the brunt when he mentioned on stage that even His Brother in Law just bought a iPad-3 some days back and he would not know what to say ? lol !

Facetime HD is perhaps the only thing I will miss on the third generation iPad not so much of the Processor A6x !

2. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

Return it. You have a 14 day return window.

3. aka777 macrumors 6502a

If it's the only thing you will miss, what are you complaining about...

4. vish26 thread starter macrumors regular

I wish I could so desperately do that !! I am not in the United States and I don't have a return policy in my Country I am in India !

5. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

So you knew about this site and despite the fact that we've known this was coming for a while, you still went out and bought one three days back?

100% your fault.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Then enjoy your new iPad. It is still a great tablet.

7. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

Course there wasn't much talk about a significant iPad upgrade. Just some lightning adapter rumors.

8. xAgustinx macrumors regular

xAgustinx

I don't think so, everybody talked about a iPad mini, nobody said anything about a 4th gen iPad.

9. vish26 thread starter macrumors regular

Absolutely ! I couldn't have cared a damn about the Lightning Connector but the final nail in the coffin was, such a powerful Processor & Facetime HD Huge...Huge difference for between the iPad-3 and iPad-4. Apple you are Brutal !! :mad:

10. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

I'm sorry but anyone buying anything from Apple when announcement days are coming up deserves what they get. There were plenty of rumors about what was going to be announced and everything except the phone was included in the rumors. Even if the rumors turned out to be wrong you would only lose a few days usage. It doesn't even take sites like this but any news site at least in the US and probably a lot of countries was talking about new products from Apple.

11. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

The iPad 3 is an old device of virtually no use now. You might as well sell/destroy it.

12. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'd love to see all the rumors that apple was introducing a fourth generation iPad that's twice as fast as the third gen.

13. vish26 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah ! Hopefully you doing that with your one right ? show me the Broken iPad Pictures ! :mad:

14. vish26 thread starter macrumors regular

One More thing for people telling I should have realised this upgrade coming in the New iPad when I was making plans buying just 3-4 days before today. Actually I did knew this but the talks then were only about the Lightning Connector coming to the New iPad which I was pretty Ok. I did not have a faintest idea that it could get a Front Facing HD Camera That came as a Biggest shock to me. Plus generally the trend so far with all Apple devices is it takes anytime between 1-2 Months for that product to hit Indian shores after APPLE announces its products worldwide. So I guess I had evaluated the situation but this Bloody FACETIME HD camera spoiled the party for me !!

15. mac jones macrumors 68040

My goodness!

Doomsday,zombies, end of days.

I love it !

16. vish26 thread starter macrumors regular

That is just a Outrage, Outburst of people's emotions with Apple Betraying them so soon, so unexpectedly !!

17. Lone Deranger macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

Buying Apple products 101:

Rule #1: Never buy an Apple product mere days before any Apple event.
    Rule #2: Never buy an Apple product mere days before any Apple event. Despite what the rumours say or don’t say.
    Rule #3: Never buy an Apple product mere days before any Apple event. Despite what the rumours say or don’t say…. no really!!

Etc.

18. Scale70 macrumors newbie

Scale70

iPad 4

I haven't had my iPad 3 long but I'm not too bothered about this new release. If it wasn't now, it was in a few months. You can never keep up for long. Apple had to get their A game out there with Windows 8 gear coming out in a few days. I'm just pleased it wasn't a whole lot thinner or lighter or with better battery life. Bit quicker and lightning. Not bothered. Retina was important when I bought mine and that hasn't changed. And we'll get all the important updates for years yet.

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

And the Oscar for best actor in a melodrama goes to.....:rolleyes:

Really, Apple betrayed people by introducing a new iPad?

20. ATC macrumors 6502a

While the iPad talk was dominated by the mini, there were quite a few posts about an update to the 3rd gen (namely Lightnight connector and faster processor). Sadly, those posts were overshadowed and outnumbered by skeptics with the "won't happen" or "ain't happening" responses which strangely got a lot of up-votes which in turn added to their credence, but of course now in hindsight were all dead wrong. My guess is that this confused people like the OP. In all fairness though, anyone who read anything in the last little while about the subject would have been silly buying an iPad in the last week.

21. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You must be really upset seeing as your iPad stopped working the moment they announced the new one.