It is a general question.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by snowshine, Jan 5, 2008.

1. snowshine macrumors newbie

I hope I am correct to put here!!
    Ipod touch or Microsoft's Zune is slimmer?

Both have built in Wi Fi I suppose.

Memory wise ipod Touch 16GB where as MS Zune 80GB.

MS ZUNE is not available in Europe or atleast not talked about as yet.

ipod touch is very much prettier and one can fit nicely in a pocket. Will it function as a PDA?

I have not got either!! Not enough money yet but saving to buy one!!

2. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

The iPod Touch is much slimmer, due to it being flash based, and the Zune being HDD.

The touch can function as a watered down PDA, while the Zune cant even achieve that.

And from what I know, the Zune doesnt have a web browser.
    Making WiFi useless.

Go for the iPod, much better option, unless you have a huge media collection.

3. gavd macrumors 6502a

The iPod touch won't function as a PDA out of the box and will need to be hacked to give you any functionality like that.

4. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

However, due to the simplicity of "hacking" (or jailbreaking) the iPod Touch and the amount of help that one can receive from these boards, turning the iPod Touch into a "watered-down" PDA isn't a large battle. It's definitely worth buying the iPod Touch and jailbreaking it.
    If you do buy the iPod Touch, I am referring you to Bowlerguy10.
    He helped me jailbreak my 1.1.2 iPod Touch and if you get a 1.1.1 iPod Touch than he can help you even easier. Message me with any other questions.
    I hope that helped!

5. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

ipod touch, very slim and has a web browser, official doenloadable apps are on the way if you dont like hacking.

zune, not really viable for mac users and non u.s. (for store anyway) and wifi is very limited so no web browsing, it is also bigger than the 160gb classic ipod.

6. snowshine thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanking you cheekybobcat for you posting. I will once get my ipod touch seek help from you as per your suggestion.
    snow