Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
Apparently, unless a device is completely impervious to bending by using excessive force (and possibly machinery) it is deemed as a design-flawed product according to Macrumors forums and most of the Internet.

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
Apparently, unless a device is completely impervious to bending by using excessive force (and possibly machinery) it is deemed as a design-flawed product according to Macrumors forums and most of the Internet.
I’ve personally bent an iPhone 6 Plus back in the day with no excessive force. When I saw the iPad Pro in 2018 I nope’d out of Best Buy faster than I usually nope out of the Android aisle.

dasjati

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2020
I’ve personally bent an iPhone 6 Plus back in the day with no excessive force. When I saw the iPad Pro in 2018 I nope’d out of Best Buy faster than I usually nope out of the Android aisle.
Yes, that was back in the day. Apple learned. But people keep doing these bend tests. That's like using a blowtorch to find out if Samsung smartphones still go up in flames …

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia

I’ve had my iPad Pro 2018 since launch, carried it everywhere from work to airports (remember when we could travel?) and it’s just as straight as the first day. There is no reason to avoid it. iPhone 6 was a different story.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I suppose that largely depends on what you do with it, and how you treat it. Having owned all of the ‘easily’ bendable Apple devices, I’ve yet to see any of mine get so much as a fraction of a mm out of line - yes, I’ve checked, we all have boring days :D

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I too had an iPhone 6 and it was just a straight two years later as the day I got it. I didn’t put it in my back pocket and sit on it though. I haven’t sat on my iPads, MacBooks, or even my Windows laptops. ?‍♂️?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.