Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
There is a way to adjust that preference. Please read the following article, it has a nicely detailed set of steps. Nothing to difficult.

http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/macosxhints/2006/10/sleepmode/index.php

Hope that helps

Sopranino

just be careful using the deep sleep option. there are a few things that dont work as you want them to sometimes!!!
for example..
if you have your xp partition set as your startup disk, and put it to sleep not saving your latest english assignment due that morning. and then get to school to hand it in and turn the computer on and realise its starting in WINDOZE you kinda get off it just a tad.

georgeoommen

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
Got a perfect MBP here as well. Its the new SR 2.2. Got it just over couple weeks ago. Havent found even 1 blemish on it anywhere. Tried out a gazillion random software from versiontracker and macupdate. and to my amazement OS X still starts up in about 30 seconds. Ohh.. I'm a switcher by the way. This is my first Mac.

Got Vista ultimate installed in bootcamp.. and boy oh boy is it slow?!?!?!
If you thought startup on vista was slow, wait till you try shutting down. Yesterday it took me almost 4 minutes to shut down. Kind of feeling that getting vista was a complete waste of money now!!

Anyway.. congratulations to all those who've reported perfect MBP's here. It really feels great hearing all these reports after the numerous whines and moans on the other threads!!

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Got a perfect MBP here as well. Its the new SR 2.2. Got it just over couple weeks ago. Havent found even 1 blemish on it anywhere. Tried out a gazillion random software from versiontracker and macupdate. and to my amazement OS X still starts up in about 30 seconds. Ohh.. I'm a switcher by the way. This is my first Mac.

If you thought startup on vista was slow, wait till you try shutting down. Yesterday it took me almost 4 minutes to shut down. Kind of feeling that getting vista was a complete waste of money now!!

Anyway.. congratulations to all those who've reported perfect MBP's here. It really feels great hearing all these reports after the numerous whines and moans on the other threads!!

hey man congratulations on the switch!!!! how are you finding your 1st mac?? getting accustomed nice and quick?

as for vista.... haahahahahahahahahaha. try running virtual :p 4 minutes FAROUT!!!! thats pathetic. imagine on those HP pieces of junk, no wait actually dont...

hows gaming on the thing???? i hear the 8600 is up to 3 times better than the x1600?? SSOOO jealous!

Sopranino

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
Alberta, Canada

Congratulations on switching to the Mac platform. Welcome to the Apple family. It is great to get a positive posting from people like yourself (switchers).

Sopranino

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
You're very lucky, enjoy it!

I'll be returning my third lemon this evening :rolleyes:

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I have an older MBP (Non-SR), and I love it! Apple really knows how to make it's users love their products. The light up keyboard is also a very nice touch for when I feel like untying myself from the desk, turning off the lights, and just surfing the net in the dark (no, don't get any bad thoughts :p)

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
I have an older MBP (Non-SR), and I love it! Apple really knows how to make it's users love their products. The light up keyboard is also a very nice touch for when I feel like untying myself from the desk, turning off the lights, and just surfing the net in the dark (no, don't get any bad thoughts :p)

LOL @ u! winkwink

dclnmurray

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
I am another that bought a MBP in an office ull of IBM's and ASUS's. Nothing wrong with those notebooks but I feel my 17" MBP is a notch above anything else I have seen.

I immediately installed vista using Bootcamp 1.3 and apart from the iSight not functioning I am one happy camper.

I even sent a link to the youtube iAlertU video and a few has scoffed that. Just tried it and it is good. Hope they make an iAlertU for Vista. It would make a 99/100 machine a 100/100 machine.

I paid probably $300 more for the MBP over comparable notebooks but that $300 my friends is so worth it.

Trial a MBP and you will never look back.

Quality and class.

Thats all I can say.

cheers

Dave

georgeoommen

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
Congratulations on switching to the Mac platform. Welcome to the Apple family. It is great to get a positive posting from people like yourself (switchers).

Sopranino

Thanks for the welcome everyone!! Its great to be a part of a community enthusiastic about what they do and how they do it!!

hey man congratulations on the switch!!!! how are you finding your 1st mac?? getting accustomed nice and quick?

as for vista.... haahahahahahahahahaha. try running virtual :p 4 minutes FAROUT!!!! thats pathetic. imagine on those HP pieces of junk, no wait actually dont...

hows gaming on the thing???? i hear the 8600 is up to 3 times better than the x1600?? SSOOO jealous!

Sorry DoFo, i'm not much of a pc gamer.. havent tried out any games on it yet. Got my trusty ol' XBOX 360 to take care of the gaming department :D

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
hahahaha nah thats sweet georgeommonnom. i have no idea what ur name is its so confusing!!!.

most of my games arent working atm giving me the biggest depression :rolleyes:

amitface

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
Florida
I'm jealous :( I'm trying to convert to Mac, but both MBPs I've gotten have had bad screens.

Congrats on yours though

newmacguy88

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2007
My 2.2 SR MBP is amazing! No problems here either! I have a 15 in and I must say the screen is so much bigger than I imagined(can't imagine getting a 17in), I love being able to have two windows open at once side by side. I'm a mac convert after using a mac like 2 years ago for only about an hour(it was the first time since elementary school, at least 8 years ago)

prism

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2006
Sopranino, I find it hard to believe that your MBP goes to sleep as soon as you close the lid! It at least takes a couple of seconds before the light starts to pulsate!

aserafin

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
I'm overly satisfied with my SR MBP as well. I just got it about a week ago, and will be happy when my dell is finally sold on ebay. While debating on whether or not I had the yellow screen issue, I turned on my old laptop and it reminded me of how much better the MBP looked. I think that either managed to find another "perfect" MBP, or maybe I am still accustomed to the very low microsoft standards...

Alloye

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2007
Rocklin, CA
My MBP is just like the OP's except matte. I love it to death and find myself strangely addicted to using it all the time. :D

Sopranino

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Sopranino, I find it hard to believe that your MBP goes to sleep as soon as you close the lid! It at least takes a couple of seconds before the light starts to pulsate!

You may have missed part of my original comment, here is that statement;

The sleep function is damn near instantaneous, the sleep indicator light comes on immediately upon shutting the lid and the apple logo goes out about a second later which corresponds to when the sleep indicator starts to pulse.

As you will note, the comment states that the light comes on right away, it starts to pulse about a second later which corresponds to when the apple logo goes dark. And that is pretty much a delay of not more than a full second, it is fast!

Sopranino

prism

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2006
You may have missed part of my original comment, here is that statement;

As you will note, the comment states that the light comes on right away, it starts to pulse about a second later which corresponds to when the apple logo goes dark. And that is pretty much a delay of not more than a full second, it is fast!

Sopranino

Well again, what you are effectively saying is that your laptop goes into sleep one second after you close the lid which would make it the fastest sleep mode laptop on the face of the earth! You must have an extraordinary laptop!

amitface

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
Florida
Sure, where is that info hiding in the system? (I've seen a number of people posting this information but I haven't paid much attention as to where they got that info from)

Sopranino

For Week, look at your serial number, and the week will be the two digits after the first #7.

For Screen, go to System Prefs>Display>Color and open Color LCD. Click on line 13.. the model will be either 9c67 or 9c68, LG or Samsung respectively

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.