It is Possible to Unlock iCloud?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by M67v, Oct 26, 2016.

1. M67v macrumors newbie

M67v

Hello MacRumors forum! This is my first time posting a forum!

I'm trying to get an iPhone, my first Apple product. I'm trying to get one for a low price. A lot of cheap ones that are in good condition, physical-wise, but they are iCloud locked.

So I was wondering, is it really possible to unlock iCloud? I heard it is possible. If it is possible, does it violate Apple's rules. Besides, if it is possible, then why are they being sold in the first place? Can't they just unlock it with no problem. Thank you for responding.

On a side note, I would like to get one of the following iPhones: 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6S, and my favorite, the SE.

2. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

It is absolutely impossible for us to iCloud unlock an iPhone. Do not waste your money.

Not too long ago, there was a face-off between FBI and Apple because the latter refused to unlock an iCloud-locked iPhone of a potential suspect, and the former's insistence on unlocking it shows they couldn't unlock it on their own.

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

As above said. iCloud locked ones have more than likely been stolen. It is also 100% impossible to unlock them with any currently known methods.

Under no circumstances should you ever buy an iCloud locked phone. You're just buying a brick otherwise, that will not function whatsoever.

4. lostom macrumors newbie

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

I believe the FBI was actually after just unlocking a locked phone (locked via a passcode), rather than an iCloud Activation one.

That aside, outside of Apple and the person that has the credentials of the account that is associated with the device, there's no realistic way to remove iCloud Activation Lock.

6. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

Ah! You're right! I mistakenly thought iCloud Activation can be disabled via Passcode.

7. M67v thread starter macrumors newbie

M67v

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Find My iPhone iCloud feature gets enabled by someone that uses a device which enables iCloud Activation Lock (associated with the iCloud account that is being used) for that device.