Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yumiko Noua

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2022
An easy way: can you open the portfile and replace —enable-relocatable with —disable-relocatable? You don’t require the rest from the PR.

If you don’t have a usable code editor, install TextWrangler (free from the developer), agree to Install command line tools (or something to that effect), reboot, then just do:
Code:
edit `port file libpaper`

If you have BBEdit installed, then same command but bbedit in place of edit.
I'll try now, thanks!

edit: it works, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: barracuda156

Yumiko Noua

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2022
Awesome. Let me know if something fails, we will try fixing that.
texinfo seems to fail.. can I send to you the main.log?

edit: fixed I read the main.log and I found it had become corrupt and I just reinstalled it.

Last edited:

barracuda156

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2021
texinfo seems to fail.. can I send to you the main.log?

edit: fixed I read the main.log and I found it had become corrupt and I just reinstalled it.

If you have a standard installation of Macports (and I think you do on Tiger), it is always a good idea to run `sudo port sync` and install or upgrade ports without passing `-n`, so that all chain of dependencies gets updated when needed.
That will normally take care of such issues.

If you need to install, upgrade or rebuild something without touching dependencies, then `sudo port -v -n` (with install or upgrade) will do that, but things may get wrong.

Reactions: Yumiko Noua

Yumiko Noua

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2022
Awesome. Let me know if something fails, we will try fixing that.
after a while (kinda 3-2 days) when the machine trying to compile python 3.12, it fail.
how I can fix? here is the error..

Attachments

• error.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 10

barracuda156

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2021
after a while (kinda 3-2 days) when the machine trying to compile python 3.12, it fail.
how I can fix? here is the error..

Could you share the full log? It is supposed be at /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_lang_python312/python312/main.log (unless you cleaned the port, then it is gone).

P. S. I think I was having python312 built on Tiger ppc, but I can check and try, if not.

Yumiko Noua

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2022
Could you share the full log? It is supposed be at /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_lang_python312/python312/main.log (unless you cleaned the port, then it is gone).

P. S. I think I was having python312 built on Tiger ppc, but I can check and try, if not.
sure here is the full log:

Attachments

• main.txt
    329.3 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Aaferti_Kuazar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.