It is really necessary Windows on Mac for a new switcher

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ohenriquez, Jul 3, 2012.

1. ohenriquez, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012

ohenriquez macrumors member

ohenriquez

Dear forum members

I managed to convinced my dad to switch to Mac as I bought a new MBA 2012 model for him. He has been using Windows for years: Office, Internet, email and as he is Medical doctor he does not do gaming, video editing or complex software. His new MBA is more than capable to run Windows on it, but I am inclined to not to install Desktop Parallels and Windows in order for him to be "forced to learn" the new Lion OS one part of me tells me that if I give him the chance to use Windows in his new MacBook Air, he may not stop using it.
    For a light user like him, I believe that there is no point installing Windows on his new MBA. One person had told me that Windows may help him to do a better switch but I think that if I install Windows, he may never do the switch and will use Windows on a new MBA forever
    Your constructive views are really appreciated

Omar

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

If he feels that it would make his life easier than do it.

My personal opinion is that OS X is much easier to use than Windows once you get used to it. May just take some time.

Maybe having both OS X and Windows will open his eyes to the virtues of the first.

3. ohenriquez thread starter macrumors member

ohenriquez

Thanks

Thank you very much for your reply, he has not asked me to install it, I was just wondering. I may install it just in case but not mention this to him and just let him get used to the new Mac OS