It is safemode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Elweezy, May 16, 2011.

1. Elweezy macrumors regular

I downloaded mystrings and enabled it but in doing so every time I enable it my phone goes into safemode. I'm fairly new to jailbreak and was wondering if certain things will interfere with mystrings or detain things can't be combined what does safemode mean? Thank you

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

safemode just means its not liking something installed on your device remove mystrings in cydia and see if it stops going into safemode

3. iFiend macrumors 65816

Safemode is a "safegaurd" for Mobile Substrate that makes it so you don't have to restore your device when things go haywire. Sometimes tweaks don't play well with one another, sometimes tweaks haven't been properly updated for your firmware, etc. and that causes a SB crash.

Best thing to do it find an alternate way to edit your strings. I believe you can do so via some plist (I don't even change the strings, just get rid of the text all together).

If that is what you want (no "slide to unlock text") let me know and I'll up a small theme for you.

4. Elweezy thread starter macrumors regular

Right now I have a deamau5 theme where it sas Deadmau5!!! Instead of slide to unlock, and it only works when I have mystrings enabled. I like it but it causes that safe mode

5. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

That is an app for IOS 3, not 4. It won't work. It will crash you into SafeMode (as you see). Buy iFile for a few bucks and remove the strings from within the phone itself, or use SHSH to do it from without.

6. Elweezy thread starter macrumors regular

I have Ifile and I actually used it to remove th default lock screen back ground. I removed my strings from my phone and re installed and it seems to be working find now, with the deadmau5 theme. What strings would I need to remove? And my strings isn't that cool :/ not sure why you would want to change more then slider text... I want to change my icon name colors! Cnt figure out why it won't change it when I activate it in winter board.

7. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

You remove any line of text you don't want- and you can add your own line of text there instead. Or leave it blank, so nothing shows up. I removed all the slide to..... strings from my system strings as well as the slide to view from the biteSMS app. I believe you can change icon name colors with a tweak from Cydia. However, all names would be the same color. To change each name to a different color? No idea if that is even possible.

8. Elweezy thread starter macrumors regular

I have a tweak from Cydia that changes the icon name
    Colors but it just isn't working anymore they are all dark grey and I don't even have that selected. And none of the colors work when I select them. Something is interfering with it. Not sure where to start removing strings.

9. iFiend macrumors 65816

Search for "better white icon labels" in Cydia, download it, and enable in Winterboard.

10. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Strings: />System>Library>Core Services>Springboard.app>(your language).iproj. Use the text editor in iFile (BACK UP YOUR FILE FIRST!!!!)