It might be wise of Apple to

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roland.g, Jun 22, 2010.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Considering they are allowing for early delivery it would be great if Apple would allow sales of iPhone 4 accessories like bumpers on Wednesday. I want to get one, didn't try tacking one onto my pre-order because I was frantically trying to get it through before it failed for some server reason, but I don't really want to go anywhere near an Apple Store on Thursday the 24th.

2. mb2008 macrumors regular

Yes, I will be dropping by to check, and to release my reservation. I'm too anal to use the phone without a case. Fortunately my SGP screen protectors should be here today.

Or maybe just show up at 7:00 am and say I'll release my reserved phone in exchange for a bumper?

3. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

It might be wise of Apple to make a damn statement about the white iPhone...

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

They made a statement: "White iPhone currently unavailable for pre-order or in-store pickup"

It may not be the statement you want to hear, but they are telling you it's not going to be available for an indefinite period of time, at least to where they can give a definitive ship date. I infer that to mean at least a month and a half, probably longer.

5. dwella1 macrumors member

I would not want a product that is not ready so I think Apple is doing the right thing. Its a shame for the ladies as thats the primary color they like but maybe there is a white cover for the black.

d1

6. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

It's also a shame that Black is the only "guy" bumper color. I think it will also be the only one available this week, but I can't see going with a white bumper on the black phone because I just see it getting dirty and gross and the other 3 colors are really not great. A silver, dark blue or dark red, some other color that wasn't so girl friendly would have been nice. It's like they were telling us the bumpers are only for the girls buy only putting pictures of the white iPhone with the bumpers on the store.

7. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

You hit the nail on the head. Why say there will be white iPhone, yet not have enough for available. I think they should have made twice as many as the black iPhone 4's to compensate for their expected high demand.

Black is not the only "guy" color. Blue, green, and orange could all work. Even a white on black would make for a nice contrast; however, it would get dirty very fast. I have a white Incipio feather case on my black 3GS. I knew well of that it would get dirty, but I was going for the "classic" B&W feel. When Incipio releases their feather cases for iP4 I may be getting a different color. (I'm getting a black iP4 btw)

8. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

Agreed. I just don't go for the bright colors so much as the sharper looking ones. And I think the white iPhone does look great, just not for me. On another note, anyone wanting a dark blue or medium to dark red blue bumper, Marware's SportsGrip cases come in 4 or 5 colors including a different blue and red from Apple. And they show all their cases on black iPhones.

I really do like the classic B&W, I just don't want a white case that gets dirty.