It rained on my iphone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by touchman, Jun 18, 2008.

1. touchman macrumors member

Oh my god what a day, earlier today my iphone died for a while but thats cool because it's a normal thing from what i see on my thread, just now i went outside for a smoke and thought i'd read a text message in the rain, which is rather silly to be honest but i just didnt think, a few droplets fell on the screen which is cool but what i'm worried about is the earpiece bit, a couple of droplets ran into there, i used a cotton swab after and it seems to be working but i can't help wondering if any water got in and what it's doing to the ear speaker?, should i be worried?, has anyone else had there iphones exposed to rain/wet conditions?

thanks!

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

3. slicecom macrumors 68020

LOL Touchman, your posts have made my day. I don't know if you're serious or not, but I find the way you spaz out about every little thing that happens to your iPhone absolutely hilarious. I'm waiting for the "OH MY GOD! A cigarette ash fell on my iPhone's glass screen! Do you think it's ok!?" thread.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I can sympathize with you, since my trip to Seattle, Washington, USA, concerned me with just this issue. I ended up getting a nice ziplock baggie during the weekend stay (which was during the rainy season), and had "0" issues with the rain. :eek:

5. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

i'd take it to a genius.
    electronics dont go well with water