It says prepared to ship....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rhodent2013, Jun 10, 2009.

1. rhodent2013 macrumors member

As of 12:30 it says prepared to ship. How long do you guys think it will be until they actually ship it or it is picked up. I hope it is actually in the united states and not in Kunshan China.....

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If its build to order, it will ship from China. If it's stock model, it's possible that they are already sitting in warehouse at USA

3. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

damn it was build to order. how long do you think it will take to arrive from china? I did 2-3 day shipping.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It took a week for me but I guess there's more planes flying to USA than to Finland. You can check the delivery date from your carriers web site

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I'd say five to seven days given my experience. But who knows besides FedEx?

6. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

I think FedEx is doing it?? At least my iPod is being shipped FedEx

7. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

It seems like everybody is ordering built to order , :D apple must be happy

8. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

Well they made their computers cheaper, which allowed me to upgrade the hard drive even more. It is 8:30 and it still says prepared to ship. When the hell are they (FedEx or UPS) going to venture out to the warehouse to pick it up. I neeeeeeeddd it. I am going out of town on the 19th. I need it here by then. At least I will be back in time for the printer to come in. It says that the printer will ship the 22 and then arrive on the 24. I have to go out of town again however on the 25 and 26. The 2-3 day shipping better get it here quickly or I am going to be pissed................ So, basically my computer has been in "prepared to ship" status for 8 hours. That is on the verge of ridiculous. Unless, since it might ship out of China it probably isn't time for them to be up and moving yet??? Well actually, shouldn't it be 9:40 AM over there?? Tuesday, my iPod was picked up at like 12:00 pm in China. So I guess that kind of makes sense. I will check back in a few hours and post if it is shipped. That way others can get a general idea of when their macbooks will be shipped out of China.

9. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, this is what my FedEx page looks like... [​IMG]

What does shipment information sent to FedEx mean? Has this left China?

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

11. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

12. tenacious macrumors newbie

I ordered an iPod Touch with engraving and a MacBook Pro with extra Ram. Will they come in separate shipments or together?

13. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

Ok so it has been 2 hours and the iPod is still at the same status. Also, my macbook still says prepared to ship. ANNOYED.......................

14. AppleiZac macrumors member

At least yours is ordered...im still waiting on a new visa in order to get 0% financing...sooo i hav to wait a few days for that by snail mail as emailing has become too unsecure...and then order a BTO mbp..which will ultimately mean im stuck in PC hell..until life becomes apple love :cool:

15. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

Aw. that sucks.

16. AppleiZac macrumors member

i kno and im pretty sure the PC crashed 10x during that reply lol jk...but FML for sure...1st mac but definitely the only way to go...and def once i go mac ill never go back.

17. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

SAMMMEEE HERRRE. I am super impatient for this thing to come in. Like I know the iPod touch will come in sooner but I am much more impatient for the MBP than I am for the iPod. Like this wait is literally killing me. I am constantly checking my order status, email, and fedex tracking page. I click refresh like every two hours. Ugh... I wish I could fast forward time. It's not like there is anything important going on in my life right now anyway... the anticipation of the computer gives me reason to wake up in the morning.. LOL

18. AppleiZac macrumors member

lol im impacient just to place my order which is amazing considering that i never ever buy nething (obviously the reason i hav money to spend on a MBP)..as soon as i place my order though i will def be in the same boat..and yep anticipation is what makes life worth living LOL. ya i hav an iphone so i think i might be the only person who goes for the Nano just so i can hav somthin that i dont hav to mess with the screen and stuff when im cuttin the grass. and im lovin the new look they have along with the silver to match my soon to be new MBP and the 20 yr later revision of my 4GB mini lol.

19. rhodent2013 thread starter macrumors member

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT FINALLY SHIPPED! IT SAYS THAT IT LEFT THE FEDEX ORIGIN FACILITY IN SHANGHAI CHINA!! I should receive it by Tuesday. I wish it were for Friday but oh well. At least it will come in before I leave! :)