It seems that bestbuy got some att ipad2 today

Discussion in 'iPad' started by comaths, Mar 21, 2011.

1. comaths macrumors newbie

I checked the bestbuy website today and found that a few stores have the att models, I called those stores, some told me they are just for pre-orders, and some told me they are for sale. Finally, the girl in one store nicely hold one for me for an hour so that I was able to get there and buy it. :)

BTW, I am in Chicago area, but I also checked some bestbuy stores in New York state, they also have the att models.

Hope this will be helpful to those who just want att models.:)

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I think Best Buy got shipments across the country as BestBuy's in my area got some tonight AND some in several Southern cities (I am visiting them the next few weeks and checked just for information purposes)

3. Roadking macrumors 6502

I also exchanged my first iPad for another iPad tonight in NoVa. They held it for me too. I just called in and they held it for an hour for me. Kept it at the customer service area with my name on it.

4. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

yep same here. there were att ipads in NJ but all for pre-orders. this has me thinking though, since the retail outlets got att ipads, most likely apple stores have them as well? so maybe tomo when we line up we will see att ipads instead of those stinkin' verizon ones?

5. aqua77002 macrumors newbie

The one here got some as well. They were supposed to swap out the Verizon model they accidentally gave me for an AT&T model, but conveniently forgot that they were supposed to do that. I've been assured that I'm now #1 on the list. The store manager told me that they were expecting more perhaps Wednesday or Thursday, so be checking your local Best Buys this week.

6. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

None of the Best Buy's in Boston seem to have gotten any. A few "In Store Only" were up earlier, but no actual "in stock."

7. jmattaxel macrumors newbie

Same here in New Hampshire.I call every store that show "in store",and none of them said they have it..:confused:

8. ksujeff99 macrumors newbie

Several Best Buys in the Kansas City area had white 64GB AT&T models for sale. I inquired about others but they were being held for reservations. Apparently this model didn't get many reservations. I almost drove down there and bought one but decided I've already waited this long that I might as well get the one I want (black 32GB AT&T)

9. 7timethecrystal macrumors regular

7timethecrystal

Same story here in Houston. Several Best Buys received some stock. Checked the online inventory lists this morning and found the 32 GB ATT Black in stock. Snagged it after putting it on a 1-hour hold. Friend of mine did the same as it was a limit of 1 per customer.

10. blue2011 macrumors newbie

Which store and what model?

11. perplex macrumors regular

My best buy (Columbus ga) got some in stock today. they called me up and said "your iPad is in! I ***** my pants and then went to pick it up on my lunch break.