It seems that those who ordered very early from Apple will get theirs domestically

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shyfe, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Shyfe macrumors member

Hopefully all the iPhones are the same, otherwise I'm going to be upset if it's like made in USA or has a matte black or something.

2. Khabbi macrumors member

Yep, the cats out of the bag, those who ordered early from Apple will get a special version built in minot, north dakota, and it will have a flat black finish with white stripes on it to signify build location... :rolleyes:

3. dwella1 macrumors member

I ordered 6/9 and because I did I got one of the special ones which included a coin with General Custers likeness on the Head and the 2010 Iphone likeness on the back....

4. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

It won't be matte black, don't be ridiculous. They are bright orange and the back is a Confederate flag.

5. Hmm macrumors regular

Hmm

No, they're going to look exactly the same as any other GS except for the slide-out keyboard.

6. Shawn Parr macrumors regular

They actually have a unique dual slide out keyboard design so you can have both landscape and portrait keyboards.

Word on the street is that they also have the desired front facing camera and iChat app preinstalled.

7. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

You're all going to get Palm Pres. Priis? Pries? Pryeeessiises?

Apple got a deal on some tremendous overstock, even after Palm warned of possible shortages. :p

8. Shawn Parr macrumors regular

This is actually the reason for the Pre 'shortages.' It had nothing to do with how many Palm manufactured, or Sprint ordered, it was the huge order Apple placed for early fulfillment of 3Gs orders.

They have been in a warehouse in rural TN where backwater folks have been painting 3Gs logos on the back with whiteout and fingernail polish.

9. JReynolds macrumors 6502

Ouch... Good one.

I ordered early and mine came from the big CHINA! Its in Alaska right now.

10. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

I thought it was good. I laughed at it myself.

I heard a good one about the "lines" of people waiting for Pres last week. My friend said, "Is that even consider a line, or just two people having a conversation on a sidewalk?" This was in reference to a pic. :p

11. JReynolds macrumors 6502

It was a good week to make fun of the mighty Palm and Sprint.
    A friend of mine told me he usually browses the app store when he's bored. (like standing in a line will do) He then made the comment "good thing the lines are so short, 18 apps aint much to look at..."

12. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

You forgot to mention the free already loaded Dukes Of Hazard ring tone it comes with. "Justa good ol' boys"..... ;)