It seems that we don't need UPC for rebate!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mwxiao, Jun 4, 2008.

1. mwxiao macrumors regular

If you buy mac+ipod from apple online store or retailer, you only need the order number or receipt number.

Anyone correct me if i am wrong..

-------
    For purchases from the Apple Online Store, customers must log into the Apple Rebate Tool using the same Apple ID used to make the purchase and provide the web
    order number. For purchases from the Apple Retail Store, customers must provide the receipt number, date of purchase, and total purchase amount.

PROOF OF PURCHASE: For purchases from the Apple Online Store, an Apple Retail Store, or Apple Telesales, proofs of purchase are receipt or web order numbers.

2. f1 macrumors 6502

3. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I would be afraid to risk it. However, it would be nice if I didn't have to cut my box last summer.

4. dave788 macrumors newbie

i just bought a new macbook pro... missed the free ipod promo by two weeks though but summer classes were starting and i needed a new laptop, so oh well.

anyways, for the free printer... i just got online, filled out the form with my receipt number and other info from the receipt and got my rebate a week later, no cut upcs needed... quite different from my first macbook pro two years ago when i needed the upc from the ipod and printer and had to mail it in...

so to answer your question, no, you no longer need to cut the upc's out. i guess apple finally realized that we don't want to cut up our pretty boxes:rolleyes:

5. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

in Canada you still have to send in your UPC and forms by mail, however looking on the US apple store online there is a form you can submit online.

sucks for us Canadians, luckily I didn't have to sell my free iPod because I gave it to someone I know and they understand I need to cut the label out!