It seems this is the end for Camino..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ceezy3000, Mar 30, 2011.

1. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

:( after reading the last post on the camino.blog it seems that camino may soon become no more. i really hope they make the switch to webkit, i can't imagine not using camino anymore.
    http://caminobrowser.org/blog/

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I hope they are able to keep it around, I don't use it much, but it's always been a fast browser for me, and the one I use on older macs.

3. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

Aw that's too bad, but.. meh. I used to be a hardcore Camino user for the longest time, going back to when they called it Chimera. That they stuck to 3.6 instead of going with the 4.0 RC's a while back sucked (but I know why).

Moz has been kinda rough to developers lately. It sucks, because FF4 is a really, really good browser so far. I've been using it on almost everything except my Windows machines..

Ah well, part of me thinks that Camino's time has passed. FF4 runs really smoothly on my PPC Macs (with the custom builds, anyway), and I haven't really had a calling to have native Aqua since they fixed it. XD

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I never really used camino. I think the osx market for web browsers is a bit over crowded as it is - Opera, camino, firefox, safari, omniweb, flock, icab

5. john1620b macrumors member

Camino's always been a great browser, and I'll be sad to see it go.

6. Brownie60 macrumors newbie

Just Started Using Camino

Been using it for about a week now, and I like it. Not perfect, but I like it better than FireFox 4 or Chrome. I don't get scrolling distortion with it on my 2009 MacBook Pro. So far, so good.

7. Joshuarocks macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

You mean TenFourFox? I am running this on my PB G4 1.67 Hi-Res(don't laugh.. i know, but I also own a 3.33 6-core mac pro, so I don't need a macbook pro).

8. ceezy3000 thread starter macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

ff is still a ram and cpu hog, native apps integrate so much better and use less system resources, i've gone back to safari after using chrome, not too big a fan of it, for that matter stainless has stop development too, am i wrong?