It sounds like every other person has problems with printer

boneca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Boston, MA
I think I have read about 10 post in a past couple of days concerning some problems with printing to (HP) primarily printers from they Mac, beginning with my post couple of days ago.

Apple having issues with printers?

boneca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Boston, MA
Applespider said:
Hmm, Mum mentioned on the phone last night that her HP printer has stopped working through Express. Will have to see if she ran Software Update since Christmas and if 10.3.8 could be the culprit.
I don't think that upgrading to 10.3.8 is potential point for problems with printers/printing not in my case anyway, I had problem before upgrading and after. But my case could be not the most discussed here as I'm referring mostly to network printing.

Comment

TIGERmac

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2004
I too have noticed quite a few printer trouble threads lately.

My Canon Pixma has had no issues under 10.3.7 or 10.3.8. Canon truly did a tremendous job with their OS X drivers...yes, they're even better than the Windows drivers, in my opinion.

While I've only used HP printers with Windows, I have found the drivers to be less than stellar. Perhaps changes made in the latest OS X update are the cause of these problems. Who knows?

Comment

Italiano

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2005
Florida
For every problem you hear about 1000 other users aren't having any - only problems are posted not "non-problems" :p

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.