It sux

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nychot, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

I'm talking about the battery in the ipad3. I've had it since the first week and now i can definitively say the battery is terrible. I Use my ipad3 a lot. I used my ipad 2 a lot. I used my ipad 1 alot. But i actually now have to charge my 3 virtually every day. I could go 3 or more days with the same usage with the 2. Its a PITA.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

"It sux" huh? Thank god you clarified. Frankly, did you think that screen would somehow sip battery like say the iPad 1?

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

My iPad (3rd gen) battery doesn't sux (sic). I've been using mine all day and streaming NPR, doing email, web browsing, Instapaper, Tweetbot and so on.... It still has 86% left.

4. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

You sound like George Jetson:

"Mr. Spacely is a tyrant! I had to push the button three times today!"

:rolleyes:

5. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

I'm pretty sure it's been over a week since I last charged mine. When I'm at school and use it all day long, I usually get three days out of it.

6. Cheffy Dave, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012

Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Try this!

Turn down your brightness, I like mine bright, to really enjoy the Retina screen, it lasts at least 7 hours, if I need more I hook up an external battery pack,a Hyper Mac micro, and get another 5, Link follows
    http://www.hypershop.com/HyperJuice-Mini-7200mAh-Battery-for-iPhone-iPad-iPod-USB-s/165.htm
    I suspect you have the brightness way up,get an external battery, lovin it:cool:
    If you are a real power user of the iPad, there is this,
    http://www.hypershop.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=220, serious juice,for serious use!

7. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

My battery lasts for around Nine and a half hours. Screen brightness at 50%, no locations services, jailbroken, usual usage. The screen brightness makes a big impact on the device so bring it down to 50%.

8. Iwolf macrumors newbie

Iwolf

My battery is not as good as I would like but it does not suck

9. andylaiphoto macrumors member

The battery life on this thing, given the specs and abilities, is amazing.

10. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Mine lasts a reasonable amount of time.

Make sure you disable under Time settings, the option to automatically sync time.
    Also, follow the other suggestions presented by other users in this thread.
    If you are not using WiFi, turn it off.
    Unless you really need it, turn off Location Services; poor GPS reception will cause your iPad (and any other device with the same functionality to user more power).
    If your Wireless Service reception is weak, your iPad will increase it's power to try to communicate. That will definitely drain your battery faster; and this happens not just with the iPad, but with any other device as well.

11. softypolimer macrumors member

Dunno, I'm still on iPad1 (probably getting a new one on the next gen as it's become fairly slow on the new ios)

what sort of activities you do the most on your iPad?
    I thinks it's depend on how you use it, some apps can rely too much on CPU or gpu, mostly a modern 3d game.

12. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

I use it all day at 50% brightness and I only have to charge it every 3rd day. Heavily depends on what apps as well. I use it mainly for email and web browsing and I don't play games on it. Gaming is a big drain on my iPhone, I imagine it's a drain on the iPad as well. I have to admit that battery life isn't the greatest, but that's the price you pay for the features it has. Hopefully battery technology will get better over time, however battery problems aren't limited to iPads.

13. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

^^ this. I have mine on wifi with my blutooth keyboard and have been using the hell out of it. Friday afternoon through late Sunday night on one charge. All afternoon through now nearly midnight and I'm no where near needing juice.

14. Smithey1981 macrumors member

Well being the ipad3 is my first I have to say the battery life has really impressed me. Only charged it twice since getting it tbh

15. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Mine was actually really bad when I first got it. After about 6-7 charge cycles it seems to have gotten WAY better.
    I was super disappointed at first but now I'd say the battery is probably nearly as good as my original iPad.

16. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I use my iPad 3 every single day for at least an hour or two. I haven't charged it since last Thursday night and it's at 35% right now. That's even after having used it for a good part of the morning on Saturday. I would say it's about on par with what I got out of my iPad 2.